JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Monitor won't stay off in sleep mode

(Topic created: 10-24-2023 07:49 AM)
msimmons99
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

My 27" FT45 monitor (LF27T450FQNXGO) goes into sleep mode and wakes up when it's supposed to. But while in sleep mode it will repeatedly turn on for a few seconds and back off. Continuously and regularly maybe every 10 seconds. What's on the screen is just what it was when it went to sleep; nothing changes there.

What's turning it back on? I've been turning the power off to make it stop at night or it will do this all night.

Thanks!

119 Replies
JDen1214
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I do! I have a dual monitor set up, one Samsung one LG. Both plugged into the same surge protector with only the Samsung unable to fully sleep. I have followed the steps recommended in the thread with the same outcome as all of you. Would love to see an update with a fix. 

Wizardling
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Funnily enough my dual monitor setup is also a trouble-free LG and this stupid Samsung that can't handle a PC sleeping its screens.

Frog blast the vent core!
0 Likes
usereRpwxuQO3b
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

It's October 2023 and I have the same issue. This is really disaster especially since I keep my PC always on and occasionally access it remotely. What happens is that my other 3 times less expensive monitor works normally and is in standby whenever I come home, however the Samsung is always on. 

Needles to say I WILL NEVER AGAIN BUY SAMSUNG MONITOR.  

howardc64
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Did some testing and have an update. It seems macOS HDMI driver could be an issue

• Monitor : Samsung LS27A600UUNXGO
  • Computer : 2015 Macbook 13" (No USB-C, HDMI) Monitor connected via HDMI
  • OS : macOS BigSur AND Win11 on same hardware (Intel Macbooks can run Win11 natively using BOOTCAMP)
  • No repeated monitor wake and sleep cycle in macOS or Win11. However, this cycle occurs with newer USB-C macbook M1 running macOS.. Can't confirm Win11 on apple silicon macbook, will need a Intel USB-C macbook to do this test.
  • Wake from sleep in macOS will randomly put monitor into a pinkish hue. Turning monitor off and on fixes this.
  • Wake from sleep in Win11 works perfect.

So at least using HDMI, it seems macOS is part of the culprit as Win11 running on the exact same Macbook works perfectly. Will test win11 on USB-C macbook if have one in the future.

For now, at least this Samsung monitor is useful using with Win11 connected via HDMI.

My prior testing result posts here

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Monitors-and-Memory/Monitor-won-t-stay-off-in-sleep-mode/m-p/261...

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Monitors-and-Memory/Monitor-won-t-stay-off-in-sleep-mode/m-p/261...

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Monitors-and-Memory/Monitor-won-t-stay-off-in-sleep-mode/m-p/265...

0 Likes
Wizardling
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Huh. Windows 11 here and the  Samsung monitor turns on and off all night unless I turn it off or fully sleep (not just sleep screens) or power off my PC.

Frog blast the vent core!
0 Likes
User9915
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

This is the most annoying issue ever!

With HDMI this beast goes in standby as expected, but not with display port. I have the 49" 49G95TSSP Model with 1000r and for working it is great. I use it with PiP and two cables from one computer as a two monitor solution for office work. Great deal.

But Samsung destroyed it. After power save of the screen from Windows powerplan after 10 minutes, the TFT turns on and off stupidly until the end of the days.

Tried everything: cheap DP cables, expensive ones, half a dozen of Intel UHD drivers, firmware upgrade of the screen, reset and fiddling around with the menu options - nothing helped and Samsung services has no idea at all.

I never had a problem with this PC and any monitor - one or two screens did not matter. They all went to standby when they have to.

What the is going on? Yes, it is like

Samsung: please do your homework and send us an angel😜

Solution
bobthedino
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hi everyone. Solution that worked for me:

I had this same issue with my samsung LC32JG50QQUXEN. It started after a bunch of electrical work had been done on the house and I blamed it on that. Read this thread and found the post talking about surge protectors being the issue sometimes.

My PC and monitor are plugged into a strip plug which is plugged into a UPS - so sort of like a surge protector. I moved both onto a different extension cord that wasn't plugged into the UPS. But first I did a power drain on both - unplugged them and held in their power buttons for a few seconds.

Plugged em in and confirmed that monitor went to sleep after booting PC up and then setting it to sleep in windows. Plugged both back into the UPS connected powerstrip and now it works 100%.

I tried just unplugging the monitor's power supply for a bit before I did the above and that didn't fix the issue, so it defos had something to do with the UPS.

Hope this works for someone else too.

Dyslexicmike
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

THIS. This was the right answer! My monitor was plugged into the battery backup portion of the UPS. Once I switched it to the outlet that provides surge protection only the issue was resolved; the monitor would stay asleep when the PC is powered off.

0 Likes
janslauer
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

Same problems. Any solution?

0 Likes
Members_xCyyT53
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

I have the same problem. Windows desktop. Three 34 ultrawides. Acer, LG and Samsung. When PC is fully asleep, Samsung will cycle on and off using the display port. Will try HDMI and see if the issue persists.