Original topic:

No sound on Samsung monitor LC24RG54FQUXZG using DP and audio jack

(Topic created: 04-02-2021 11:54 PM)
usernOLL6aaryH
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello everybody,

Some days ago I bought a Samsung monitor LC24RG54FQUXZG and I connected it via DP to my computer. I know that the monitor does not have speakers, so I connected a pair of speakers to the monitor using the audio jack. The speakers are externally powered up, i.e. they are amplified.

In Windows 10, the audio device is recognised, I have a NVIDIA RTX 2070 card and I can see the device as LC24RG50, with the nice screen icon beside the text.

Unfortunately, if I play anything, there is no way I can get audio out of it. And yes, I tried to mute/un mute, connect/disconnect, reboot... I checked the volume in the OSD settings of the monitor. All looks OK. Can anybody help or have any idea?

Thanks in advance,

Dario

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Monitors and Memory

Is the HDMI on your PC set up as the default audio output device?

0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Monitors and Memory

Similar to what @Anonymous suggested, I found the following in the Amazon questions about this monitor.

Answer:
I'm assuming you are connecting DP cable from your graphics card to the monitor and then hooking up your headset to the monitor. If that's the case try changing your computer default sound device to Samsung Monitor (Click bottom right task bar in windows, left click the volume icon and check to see if you have a selection of audio devices, if the Samsung monitor shows up in the list of devices select it and see if that works). 
0 Likes
Solution
usernOLL6aaryH
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Thank you all for your replies. It seems that the NVIDIA RTX 2070 does not deliver the audio with the Display Port but only on the HDMI. When connecting the monitor using a HDMI cable, the sound works as expected.

0 Likes
useroI46T0KTzn
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

You lie, RTX 2070 support that, he just need to connect Display port cable to the #1 and not #3 or #4. Because HDMI acts as #2 so priority of sound is according to the order of connected cables.

Best regards Dany

0 Likes
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Monitors and Memory

An Accepted Solution has been marked, and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. We understand the solution marked may not be a solution for everyone, If you have a separate concern or question, feel free to Private message a moderator or post a new thread with additional details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed in order to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find needed content. Remember that if you do make a new post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring. Thank you for being part of the community!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes