Greetings, I am trying to update the firmware on my G9. I have tried 6 or 7 different USB devices ranging from old USB 2.0 1GB devices to USB 3.0 32GB devices. Each time I get the same response from the montior "No USB devices detected". I verified I am in the port labeled "Service" which if you are facing the monitor (like you are using it) is on the far left hand side. Thank you.
EDIT - I tried using an old stick that was 500MB but had an access light on it. I notice that light comes on for a fraction of a second when the stick is first inserted into the service port but it never comes on during the update process.
EDIT #2 - Using a usb extension cable I was able to watch the stick the whole time through the update process. The access light does flash for another fraction of a second but I just get the same message each time.
EDIT #3 - Tried another old drive that has an access light on it. This one the light stays long so long as I am plugged into the service port. However, same error.
Solved! Go to Solution.
I am having this same issue. Where can I download 1006.2? The only file I see on Samsung's support page is 1008.1. My monitor has 1005.4. I get the no usb device detected error.
Hey, I was having the same issue using my old usb stick. I recently ordered the Samsung G9, my model number is LC49G97TSSNXDC. I used a usb 3.1 memory stick and it worked. My software version is now a 1008.1 and the drivers are up to date. I am not sure why the usb 3.1 is not backwards compatible with USB 2.0, but in any case the USB 3.1 stick got the job done. I had an external Sandisk SSD drive with USB C to USB A, I tried to use that too but it didnt work.
Use a USB 3.1 memory stick and the firmware will install on your monitor.
In case people in this thread are still having issues, or new owners experience the same, here's what worked for me:
- Make sure you have a fat32 formatted USB stick
- Place the *.img file on it (mine was empty in case it makes a difference)
- Do not rename the file (mine was named "M-T9549GGAA-1008.1[205C].img")
- Unplug the USB cable from your computer to the monitor
- This is most people's issue I think
- Possible explanation; When the monitor disconnects the drive to gain direct access, windows re-connects the drive, causing the "No USB devices detected" error - because the monitor can in fact not see a USB drive
- Run the update function, should detect the file and update
It is a shame that Samsung doesn't offer proper support, and that us "common folks" have to fend for our selves, especially considering the pricetag on these monitors!
Thank you everyone for trying to help each other out. Samsung has failed us all.
- my monitor's model is: LC49G97TSSNXDC
- I have nothing connected to the monitor when attempting to install the .img via usb 2.0/3.0/3.1
- my monitor has never acknowledged any usb regardless of format, file type, or firmware update 6/7/8
- the connection from my PC to the Monitor via usb to power usb (squared end wtv its called) has never been acknowledged by either my PC or Monitor.
- my discord is MDRNMDCN#5187 and i will PAY $$$$ to whoever can help me update my firmware.
- having installed the drivers for DP1/HDMI, I don't understand what connection between the PC and Display need to be made.
my discord is MDRNMDCN#5187 and i will PAY $$$$ to whoever can help me update my firmware.
Outstanding information except for the fact that its only in Korean and not English so when you extract the file from the download its a little confusing unless you just go with your gut and follow what you think are the right entries. Then it works like a champ.
Thanks for this. I followed your helpful advice, and there is an extra step (at least for me).
After Step 3. (unplugging the USB A cable from PC), you have to power cycle the Screen.
Then as long as your USB stick is compatible (No guesses or clues here, I tried three out of a draw and the last one worked), it works like a dream.
Oh no! I can't get this to work for me. I tried multiple USB sticks. I then went out to buy Samsung's very own 3.1 USB Stick, 128 gb. Embarrassingly, that doesn't work either. I tried power cycling. Both USB ports. Can anyone tell me--definitively--which USB is for support? The one deeper in, or the one closer to you?. Reformatting the drive. Nothing works. It still says USB device not detected... Any other ideas?