JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Odyssey G9 Cannot Upgrade Firmware - No USB devices detected

(Topic created: 04-10-2021 06:37 PM)
userDNVYlwhx7X
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Greetings, I am trying to update the firmware on my G9.  I have tried 6 or 7 different USB devices ranging from old USB 2.0 1GB devices to USB 3.0 32GB devices. Each time I get the same response from the montior "No USB devices detected".  I verified I am in the port labeled "Service" which if you are facing the monitor (like you are using it) is on the far left hand side.  Thank you.

EDIT - I tried using an old stick that was 500MB but had an access light on it.  I notice that light comes on for a fraction of a second when the stick is first inserted into the service port but it never comes on during the update process.

EDIT #2 - Using a usb extension cable I was able to watch the stick the whole time through the update process.  The access light does flash for another fraction of a second but I just get the same message each time.

EDIT #3 - Tried another old drive that has an access light on it.  This one the light stays long so long as I am plugged into the service port.  However, same error.

20 Replies
FILIPINOY79
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

I just chatted with their tech support.  He gave up.  Untitled.png