JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

SAMSUNG magician not supporting evo 860

(Topic created: 07-13-2020 02:32 PM)
user67a7XhEgEL
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hi Asteroid, I had a similar problem to you and tried all the suggestions on this site to no avail. My BIOS also has the drive seen as in AHCI mode. I diagnosed that the problem MAY have started after I set my original Magician  v5.5(which was working) to Rapid mode, I also used  'Overprovisioning' to set aside 10% of my drive. I also started getting a BSOD 'Kmode not handled' loop that stopped my PC starting. When PC actually did start the Magician gave  error message, ' an error occurred during execution of scanning' (which could explain the 'Kmode not handled' BSOD, since bootup was looking for a driver that it couldnt find, and I couldn't diagnose which driver that was ) but then would open Magician with the 'not supported' leaders you suggested. After using the other methods in this post and reinstalling etc. it still didn't work. Finally I booted into safe mode, uninstalled Magician, clicked into 'Drive Management' via Device Manager and extended the drive to recover the  (unallocated) 10% overprovisioning partition,  then installed Magician v6, rebooted, and wahey! problem(s) solved. Hope this helps someone.

Windows 10 Pro, Intel i73770k, 32gb Ram Asus P8Z77-V mobo, Asus RTX Ndvidia 2060 Super 8GB 1TB Sandisk Ultra System Drive, 1TB Samsung 860evo projects drive.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Monitors and Memory

For support on your SSD, please reach out to our dedicated memory support team. This team’s operation hours are Mon through Fri 9AM - 12AM, and Sat 9AM - 9PM. They can be contacted by phone at 800-726-7864, by email at samsungmemorysupport@sea.samsung.com, or via Live Chat on samsung.com. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userPwTMWOAfOg
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I had a problem with it recognizing my 970 Pro. It kept saying "an error occurred during execution of scanning ". I solved by updating to version 6.1.0. Also, I may not have had internet connected when I initially installed Magician.

installation manual says "Samsung Magician does not require internet connection to run. However, the internet connection is required to get updates for the latest Firmware, Feature modules or application and to authenticate the SSDs.
2) If you delete some files of New Samsung Magician without internet connection, some features like
certification or configuration may not work properly and cause limitations in use of New Samsung
Magician

0 Likes