JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung 32" M5 monitor powering on problems

(Topic created: 01-07-2023 10:36 PM)
Vicken
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory
I recently bought a second M5 and since the first day I noticed the power button never responds on first touch. 3 months later, it now takes 10-15 presses of the power button on the monitor or the remote for it to finally come on. 

The first monitor responds to the second remote, so that rules out the remote.

The power indicator blinks off and on when power is pressed on either so it's receiving the signal.

Trying to turn it on through smart things will display monitor as offline for a few minutes and then finally will be available to turn on through the app, if the other power options have not turned it on.

Any ideas or somebody experiencing the same issue? It's just getting more and more difficult to turn on.

Once it's on it passes all tests and it works fine. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I can see how this can be frustrating with your power button not working correctly. I would recommend making sure the button is not getting stuck and pressing correctly. After that, I would make sure the firmware is up to date also. I would also recommend unplugging and replugging it back up. 

If none of this helps this will require service, you have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If your device was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, for depot type products (Soundbars, Home Theater Systems, tablets, ect.) that require to be shipped we recommend you speak with our depot team for pricing and to have the service set up: 1-310-669-4334.

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 Replies
Federico404
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Same problem… please fix!

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I can see how this can be frustrating with your power button not working correctly. I would recommend making sure the button is not getting stuck and pressing correctly. After that, I would make sure the firmware is up to date also. I would also recommend unplugging and replugging it back up. 

If none of this helps this will require service, you have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If your device was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, for depot type products (Soundbars, Home Theater Systems, tablets, ect.) that require to be shipped we recommend you speak with our depot team for pricing and to have the service set up: 1-310-669-4334.

0 Likes