JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

U28E85KRS Monitor USB Hub Not Working

(Topic created: 04-03-2023 05:44 PM)
oppithian
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I have my monitor plugged in to my pc via HDMI and I am using a USB-A to B 3.0 cable to plug into the monitor's USB-B port for access to its hub. Unfortunately, none of the ports are working with my devices. I have the super charging option turned off for both ports 1 and 2. All 4 ports give power. When I plug into ports 1 and 2 my PC shows them as unrecognizable devices. Ports 3 and 4 don't show up at all. The USB hub is the only thing to consistently show up in my device manager when I plug and unplug my USB-B cable

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello, There! Based on the information provided it sounds like there are multiple monitors that are not recognizing the PC. With this being the case there are a few things you can check.

1.1.Check the connections: Make sure the cables themselves are good, and attempt to replace one to see if it will make a difference.

2.2.Update your Graphics Driver. Check with the manufacturer of your PC to see if there has been any recent update or if there is an update needed.

3. 3. You may need to update or Reset the BIOS, check with your manufacturer for those steps.

If everything is good on that front, I would recommend trying to connect another device outside the computer to the monitor, if that works, then it wouldn’t be an issue with the monitor itself. The computer is responsible for sending the signal to the monitor, as its main job is to accept the information given, there are not many troubleshooting steps you can perform with the actual monitor itself. Check out this link as well (https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01110761 ; click no to go through each step as this may help)

If no other devices are working with the monitor it may be a service-related situation, I show that the model you provided is one of our Business monitors, so I would recommend reaching out to our business-to-business support team for further assistance. – 1 (866) 726-4249

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
ddaniel51
Red Giant
Options
Monitors and Memory

There are two  pages of information about using  the USB ports in your user manual.

Have you read them?

0 Likes
oppithian
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Yes i have. Neither of the devices i have plugged in exceed 1amp in current draw. I dont know what else could be preventing the from working 

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello, There! Based on the information provided it sounds like there are multiple monitors that are not recognizing the PC. With this being the case there are a few things you can check.

1.1.Check the connections: Make sure the cables themselves are good, and attempt to replace one to see if it will make a difference.

2.2.Update your Graphics Driver. Check with the manufacturer of your PC to see if there has been any recent update or if there is an update needed.

3. 3. You may need to update or Reset the BIOS, check with your manufacturer for those steps.

If everything is good on that front, I would recommend trying to connect another device outside the computer to the monitor, if that works, then it wouldn’t be an issue with the monitor itself. The computer is responsible for sending the signal to the monitor, as its main job is to accept the information given, there are not many troubleshooting steps you can perform with the actual monitor itself. Check out this link as well (https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01110761 ; click no to go through each step as this may help)

If no other devices are working with the monitor it may be a service-related situation, I show that the model you provided is one of our Business monitors, so I would recommend reaching out to our business-to-business support team for further assistance. – 1 (866) 726-4249

0 Likes