Screen easily scratched

Screen easily scratched

I have these random surface scratches on my screen and I don't know how they got there! My front right hand pocket in my jeans is designated just for my phone and nothing else. removing it from my pocket I see the swirl scratches on the surface of my screen! Anyone else having this issue???
7 REPLIES
Asteroid

Screen easily scratched

Had note 8 since oct 19th and haven't yet installed the screen cover I purchased. Not a single scratch. NOTHING goes into the same pocket as my phone.
Astronaut

Screen easily scratched

I have to Note 8 and neither of them will keep a glass cover on it in two different cases that are both Samsung approved. So far I have used three different glass covers to protect the supposedly very hard glass of the note 8 but since the glass protectors pop off at random and are in usable because they do not stick and cause problems with the screen usability then when they pop off to get scratched. Why does the thousand-dollar phone get scratched so easily. And why does the fast charging not work when at about a 50% charge why does it take an hour to charge?

Screen easily scratched

almost, if not all the newer phones have GG5...... so saying"why does the thousand-dollar phone get scratched so easily." doesn't make sense.....if the s8 has this issue, then technically all the other phones should too.
Cosmic Ray

Screen easily scratched

I realize this will not help you any but to be fair, I work on a construction site and my phone is exposed to rough treatment all the time. When I clean the screen it is spotless. it's glass. Do you work with diamonds or something?. Trust me if anyone will scratch a screen it's me. So far, since it's release, I have no scratches. maybe your screen is cracked (sometimes look like scratches. Otter Box Defender series. I would not use anything less.
Astronaut

Screen easily scratched

same issues here. havent installed a protector but it still shouldnt scratch that easily. i literally pull it out of my pocket/put it flat on a clean table. kinda pissed off. ud expect it to be more durable.
Astronaut

Screen easily scratched

Same here! I did a buy one get one promotion for S8+ for my wife and I during a Fathers Day promotion for T-MOBILE this year. Got the phones set up and we began using them the same time over a weekend shortly after. Both phones have similar small, hairline, scratches on the screens. Mine was kept in my front right pocket and hers in her back pocket or purse in a dedicated pocket. We've had HTC 10s, LG V20s, and various other Android phones, and none have experienced any scratches with the same treatment. Definitely disappointed in the screen durability with resistance to scratches.

Screen easily scratched

I had a good, expensive case on my brand new Note 8. When I took the case off to install a screen protector, there was an inch long scratch on the back glass right in the middle. I don't see how the case could have possibly caused that. Pretty disappointed to have such an ugly scratch on my brand new phone already. As for glass screen protectors, the Whitestone Dome screen protector is very good. It glues on so it isn't going anywhere as long as you use an approved case that doesn't interfere with it. I have 5 different cases now and they're all compatible with the Whitestone Dome screen protector. It's expensive, but it's pretty much the only option if you're a perfectionist like me that can't deal with the problems with film and cheap edge adhesive only glass screen protectors.