News and Announcements

[OFFICIAL] MEGATHREAD - UNPACKED 2023

Samsung Dusty
Samsung Employee
Options

UNPK'23.png

A new cultural driver is here! Come along on our journey to discover an all-new Galaxy as we showcase our latest technologies designed to open possibilities and transform lives. It’s going to make you want to Join the flip side.

Find out more by joining Samsung Electronics TODAY, July 26 as we host the very first Unpacked in Seoul, Korea, a place where traditional culture and futuristic visions intersect to inspire global trends and game-changing innovation. Live streaming of the event will be available on Social @SamsungSupport or @SamsungMobileUS on Twitter or Facebook at 7 a.m. ET.

Also, if you’d like to follow along via the web there will be LIVE coverage of the entire event from Samsung Newsroom, Samsung.com and Samsung’s YouTube channel beginning at 8:00 p.m. KST, 7:00 a.m. ET, 4:00 a.m. PT, and 12:00 p.m. BST.

And as always, visit Samsung Newsroom for more upcoming teasers, trailers and the latest updates!

62 Comments
reversespeed
Astronaut
Options
:chequered_flag:
Ranod Lak
Asteroid
Options

Let's go! 🥳:fire:

RecruitSquash
Astronaut
Options
Super nice 🖤💛:hundred_points:
dom2o9
Astronaut
Options
Not going to lie, the event was a little disappointing. The two folding phones were not improved as much as I thought they would be. I guess the new watch was fine and tablet but the event... mid
512 GB Unlocked for $87 with S23 Ultra trade-in? Oh heck yeah!!!!! I'm down Samsung,couldn't pass it up!!! 
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Sure hope you know that you're getting a worse camera and no Stylus
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
The flip and fold line up exactly with leaks. Everything pointed to this year bring a meh refresh year since there hasn't been enough time for Samsung to design a response to stuff like the Pixel fold.
I already have a fold 4 and the s21 ultra both 512GB storages,I'm not missing anything.
dom2o9
Astronaut
Options
They need to drop the ui 6 beta fast 😩 alot of reviews are out already and they are not the greatest
512 GB storage for $34 a month on $1,000 fold 4 trade in? That's what I'm talking about. Better than the s23 deals we had earlier this year. 
vicm96
Halo
Options
How did you get that deal. I try with my S23 Ultra and shows $799.
SamsungJustin
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

@vicm96 For all ordering inquiries, please reach out to our E-Commerce team: 1-855-726-8721

ExcuseMe
Astronaut
Options
Ummmm,
I honestly thought we (the fan base/supporters) were going to be wowed. Marketing was fantastic, but product presentation is disappointing. I may have missed it, but can someone from Samsung tell us how was the flip and fold 5 designed with us in mind? I truly want to know where we came in at.
userO8O3sV5pfb
Cosmic Ray
Options
Zfold5 is a lot similar to zfold4. Design and Hardware did not change. I think in the long term we will see a discontinued fold series just like the note and ipod.... 
KnightRiderRalph
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

Another Unpacked and another amazing season withGalaxy. Stoked that the Watch Classic is back! Also this new Galaxy Z Flip5 is becoming a lot more fun than I would have thought from previous models. 

Buzz53
Astronaut
Options
I place my order and can't get my $50. Off
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

@Buzz53 For all ordering inquiries, please reach out to our E-Commerce team: 1-855-726-8721

Rimezin
Astronaut
Options
I've heard mixed responses: Does the Flip5 have Dex support or not?
Options
I was..... disappointed. Five generations of the same aspect ratio for the Fold is just unacceptable. At some point, people will wonder... what are you doing with all of your time and our money?
Leidag
Cosmic Ray
Options
Ever since Samsung got rid of the Notes I don't find it as exciting anymore. Promos feel so blah and low energy. I haven't seen an exciting promo since the Note 10 and 20. Note 10 was the best promo ever. Just my opinion.
mryankees2020
Cosmic Ray
Options
Did anyone seen Samsung's Unpacked, feels like Samsung didn't say much about their new products. 
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
What a fantastic Unpacked Event and I can't wait to get my hands on Some of the New Devices that were released Today!!
Seems normal to me, they started way earlier than they typically do, though, I missed the first 17 minutes of it. It kinda seems like they wanted to go quick, they didn't talk specs much, they just showed them on the screen.
mryankees2020
Cosmic Ray
Options
I guess Samsung was running out of time.
Members_dOsQI1H
Constellation
Options

did your site go down.  Was in the middle of ordering my new Z flip and everything froze.   Got back on and the color I was trying to order, Blue, was all the sudden not available and was in the middle of ordering the phone again, except through your chat, and the site connection went bad again.  By the time I get this thing ordered, there won't be anything left!  Any chance I can get a blue when/if you guys come back up?

Jeremiah82
Comet
Options
It was a poor presentation in my opinion. Doesn't seem like any of the new products are worth the price. ZFOLD5 is running $1800! That is outrageous for any phone. For that you could get a sic MacBook or some other laptop or computer. No phone is justified after a certain price. Seems Samsung is going price tag heavy like Apple. It is sickening.
TheFreshPrince
Astronaut
Options
I love Samsung phones because they offer so many useful features, have really good hardware and are just a really consumer friendly company. But mostly because they are so different than Apple, who regularly disappoint me with their same looking, same feature offering, and unexciting year to year new iPhone releases.
Unfortunately this year's foldable devices, specially the fold 5, have really disappointed me. I fear that Samsung has become too complacent with that device because they really haven't had that much competition in the US. I've been ready to jump to the foldable game evert since the first fold, but every year it hasn't been able to reach my expectations. I always say to myself "if this year they add a periscope camera and an in chassis integrated s-pen, i will make the move", but this is the 4th time that it hasn't happened and i am starting to lose hope.
This year has been a massive disappointment, I'm afraid that my loyalty to the brand is withering because, just like Apple, Samsung feels like they are becoming detached from their consumers and "self centered".
Please Samsung, just give us a periscope lens and an s-pen with the fold! Even if you have to make the phone wider to make it fit, which is actually a big plus!!!
Jingling
Comet
Options
I am most interested with the new tablets and smart watches!
Arkansasburk50
Astronaut
Options
It's good?
userXqNfzWnFsS
Constellation
Options
LAME
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
I was wondering what New Samsung Devices did you purchase or what Devices are you interested in ?
Lorraine74
Astronaut
Options
I am waiting for the S24 Ultra.
Ousby223
Astronaut
Options
I thought we were getting a better deal than last year i mean no crease better cameras. To summarize all the things wrong with z flip 4 fixed like the crease for example y'all did make the cover screen bigger and fixed the gap when you flip it but and the cameras and many more things are still on the wait so i want to see next the z flip 6 ready to roll I want to make iphone users shut up and love the z flip 6. I was an iphone user by the way, but i joined the flip side last year. So make us people on the flip side proud. If you guys really read all at least most of our complaints you guys would have fixed at least the crease problem. You guys still did a good job i'm proud but not to proud because i got half of what i want so half proud of being part of the flip side. This means y'all better start working on those issue right now. Next year I will jnow really if samsung really care about their customers.
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
You can't really "get rid" of the crease, even devices that allegedly reduce it still have a visible crease. The usability and durability benefits the 5 brings are significantly more valuable than a lack of crease, although reusing the cameras, which are themselves barely an upgrade from the 3, is hugely disappointing.
sdlee16
Astronaut
Options
I have the flip 4 right now and I am debating if it will be worth the upgrade to get the flip 5. But we will see I love the flip 4 and I was an Iphone user since iphone 4 and never regretted this switch!!! #teamSamsung #teamflip
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

Greetings fellow Samsung Members!

Be sure to head here for part 2 of Samsung Galaxy Unpacked in Korea!

I had the amazing opportunity to travel to Seoul, South Korea to attend Galaxy Unpacked 2023 – an all-expense paid vacation, courtesy of Samsung! While I was in Seoul, I met some incredible people and had unforgettable experiences – including the chance attend the official unveiling of this year's new foldables, watches, and tablets, and the humbling experience testing these powerhouse devices up close and personal! I had extensive use of the new Galaxy Flip 5 over the course of 3 days, so if you have any questions, I would be more than happy to answer them (that extends to any of the new devices! 😁

Among the exciting events on our (very full) itinerary, we were fortunate to have attended the grand opening of the FlipSide Market popup store, located in "FlipTown" Seongsu. The area had a slightly brutalist/industrial feel to it, and I learned that this was by design to commemorate the neighborhood's history of industry. 

After arriving to the venue, we had free-range of the area while the event planners finalized the logistics of the opening. The neighborhood offered a variety of locally owned independent store fronts, as well as some more upscale designer boutiques and art galleries. During this time, most of my group chose to get iced coffee and delicious cakes at a local cafe to beat Seoul's intense summer heat. This also presented us fantastic photography sessions along the narrow alley-like streets.

To our utter shock and amazement, the President of Samsung’s Mobile division TM Roh made an unannounced visit to commence the store’s official opening! After a short ceremony, where the new Fold 5 and Flip 5 devices were again displayed in all their awesome glory, the store became abuzz with all attending Members exploring and conducting interviews. One of my favorite parts (likely out of a sense of nostalgia) of FlipSide Market were the two photobooths where we could pose and have a photo/sticker printed out. I couldn’t resist sharing some pictures from the FlipSide Market, and the some of the surrounding area, below! 😊 (Sorry about the quality on some, I was forced to scale them down due to size).

P.S. – Be on the lookout for more posts about some of the things Samsung treated us to in Seoul!

20230728_095110.jpg20230728_125826.jpg20230728_130342.jpg20230728_095344.jpg20230728_095356.jpg

frame.jpg

20230728_095711.jpg20230728_120338.jpg20230728_120105.jpg20230728_115539.jpg

20230726_212856.jpg20230726_213543.jpg20230726_212731.jpg

20230726_212638.jpg20230726_212144.jpg

Moogka
Asteroid
Options
Greatness
1234z7jja
Cosmic Ray
Options
👍
aschettler
Asteroid
Options
I'm very bummed that Samsung has slimmed down their cellular-enabled tablet lineup to only include the Tab S9+. And even then, there are no unlocked or T-Mobile variants. I held on to my Tab S7+ 5G (T-Mobile) because the S8+ wasn't enough of an upgrade to justify the cost, but now I don't have an upgrade path that's compatible with my network. I guess I could go with the wifi version, but I don't want to kill my phone's battery with hotspot while I'm out working away from wifi all day. And switching carriers is a deal breaker. They really couldn't make an unlocked variant for the US that was compatible with T-Mobile?
kira040924b
Astronaut
Options
Wow
VerbumVeritum
Options

Greetings again fellow Samsung Members!

If you missed my previous post about Flip Town and the FlipSide Market grand opening in Seongsu, you can check that out right here!

Samsung always treats its Members to amazing vacation-like trips to attend their Unpacked release events. From San Fransisco to New York City (and now Seoul, South Korea!), I have been there and behind the scenes since release of the Note 9 during the unveiling of some of most cutting-edge technology on the planet! Not only that, but we always receive the as-yet-unreleased devices before anyone else – to test and to keep! And of course, no one throws a party like Samsung does! (that rotten fruit brand doesn't even come close!)

After the FlipSide Market opening, we were given some free time to explore the city. Myself and three other Samsung Member Stars decided to visit Bongeunsa Temple, located in Samseong-dong, Ganganam-gu, and do a bit of shopping a the COEX Starfield Mall – one of the largest underground shopping complexes in the world! We were able to capture some incredible photos while at Bongeunsa and experienced a bit of Korean culture! 

Our farewell Gala Dinner was held in the breathtaking and luxurious King’s Vacation space at Sky Kingdom. https://sdc-club.com/en/skykingdom/room-vacation.php Samsung spared no expense – with an open bar and generous arrangements of succulent dishes served buffet style. During the dinner, Samsung Member Stars from various countries won prizes like the new Fold 5, Flip 5, Tab S9, and Galaxy Watch 6 Series based on their contributions to social media and live Member voting! I won a small prize, a Galaxy Watch chair charging base, as a congratulations for “daring” to walk across the venue’s large glass floor. The entire night of comradery was a perfect ending to a once in a lifetime experience in Seoul, all thanks to Samsung!

Here are some miscellaneous pictures from the trip, including a few pictures from Bongeunsa!

20230728_142725.jpg20230728_144050.jpg20230727_212804.jpg20230727_212044.jpg20230727_212407.jpg20230728_144842.jpg20230728_145617.jpg

20230728_194738.jpg20230727_171206.jpg20230726_115046.jpg20230728_153633.jpg20230728_181015.jpg20230729_071511.jpg20230728_130114.jpg20230727_223330.jpg

20230727_101312.jpg20230726_125058.jpg

Xipetotec
Constellation
Options

can you use all apps on the Flip 5 cover screen? what about wireless power share or battery life?

VerbumVeritum
Options

@Xipetotec Through Good Lock's Multistar app you will be able to enable the use of any app through the "I heart foldables" button. I highly recommend checking out the other modules within Good Lock as well! They offer customization and functionality that I find very useful!

In terms wireless powershare, the Flip 5 has it. I found it was really easy to charge other devices with the Flip closed, acting a sort of wireless charging pad. During my time in Korea, I never had the charge my Flip, even after extensive photo and video sessions, so I would say battery life is excellent!

Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Samsung Electronics held its annual Unpacked event on July 26, 2023, in Seoul, South Korea. The event was the first time that Samsung had held Unpacked in its home country.Four new Galaxy products were unveiled at the event, displaying Samsung's latest innovations that redefine the mobile device experience.

The star of the show was the Galaxy Z Flip5, a new foldable smartphone that is both stylish and powerful. The Z Flip5 features a 6.7-inch Infinity Flex Display that folds in half for a compact and portable design. The phone is also powered by the latest Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 processor and features a 12MP main camera and a 12MP ultrawide camera.

Another highlight of the event was the Galaxy Z Fold5, a larger and more powerful foldable smartphone. The Z Fold5 features a 7.6-inch Infinity Flex Display that unfolds into a tablet-like device. The phone is also powered by the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 processor and features a 10MP main camera, a 12MP ultrawide camera, and a 10MP front-facing camera.

In addition to the two foldable smartphones, Samsung also announced the Galaxy Watch6 Series and the Galaxy Tab S9 Series. The Galaxy Watch6 Series is the latest generation of Samsung's smartwatches, and it features a new design, new health features, and longer battery life. The Galaxy Tab S9 Series is the latest generation of Samsung's tablets, and it features a powerful processor, a large display, and a long-lasting battery.

Overall, Samsung's July 2023 Unpacked event was a successful event that showcased the company's latest innovations in mobile technology. The new Galaxy products are sure to appeal to a wide range of consumers, and they are a testament to Samsung's commitment to innovation.

Here are some additional details about the new Galaxy products that were announced at Unpacked:

• The Galaxy Z Flip5 has a 3905mAh battery, while the Galaxy Z Fold5 has a 4400mAh battery.
  • Both phones have a 1080x2640 resolution display.
  • The Galaxy Z Flip5 starts at $999, while the Galaxy Z Fold5 starts at $1799.
  • The Galaxy Watch6 Series starts at $299, while the Galaxy Tab S9 Series starts at $799.
Personally, my excitement is mostly geared (if you know, you know!) towards the Watch 6 Classic. I have one on pre-order and can't wait to get it on my wrist.

I hope this summary is helpful. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
What a great post. Love the pics!
VerbumVeritum
Options

@Rydah Thanks! 😎

Xipetotec
Constellation
Options

thanks, I have been using goodlock a while now. Is the new Fold worth the extra money over the Flip? iIt doesnt seem like they really did much upgrade

VerbumVeritum
Options

@Xipetotec It really depends. Which phone would you be trading up from?

Geno71
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to take a couple of minutes and share my thoughts on the new Galaxy Watch series 6 devices, and share some footage from the Unpacked hands-on session.

As you all know, we just had the latest, historic, Galaxy Unpacked event in Seoul, South Korea. I was very fortunate to have been invited by Samsung to attend it in person. 

20230726_200402.c1624x1218.jpg

I will be creating a separate post with some pictures and share some experiences from the trip later, but for now, I want to talk about one of my favorite new devices, and the one I have a pending pre-order for. It's the Samsung Galaxy Watch 6 Classic.

Not going to lie, this one was one of my most anticipated announcements from the event! I've been a user and a fan of Samsung smartwatches since the Galaxy Watch from 2019! I was actively resisting smartwatches up to that point, because I didn't want to trade my classy good ol' "regular" watch for a geeky looking smartwatch. But then, the Galaxy Watch came out. Finally, a great smartwatch that actually looked like a watch, and not a small computer on your wrist. So I got it. And then every model after that. This is how Samsung has finally convinced me to start wearing smartwatches. By offering the classic, timeless watch design, with the latest smartwatch tech inside.

A few years later, we have arrived in 2022, at Unpacked, where the Galaxy Watch 5 and the Galaxy Watch 5 Pro were announced. I had to get the Pro, of course, and it's an excellent smartwatch, but from the day I received and started using it, I missed the one signature feature of Samsung smartwatches, the rotating bezel! It was unclear if the physical rotating bezel was gone for good, and it was something I was afraid of, but it was still a very solid, reliable Galaxy Watch that I loved almost as much as every one before it. Almost.

Now, it's 2023. Seoul, Korea. Samsung announced the new Galaxy Watch 6 with many upgrades. It looks amazing, and it looks a lot like the Watch 5 and the Watch 4 before it, in terms of design, but wait, it's not all! At the very end of the new Watch 6 announcement, the "one more thing" moment arrives, and we're told that the rotating bezel is back on the Galaxy Watch 6 Classic! I thought I was going to lose my mind. I couldn't wait for the presentation to be over at that point, so I can run to the hands-on area and feel that circular rotating brilliance of a smartwatch design once again! It did not disappoint. With every Watch 6 unit I picked up from the table, I couldn't stop spinning its bezel left and right. It feels great, and it just makes so much sense on a smartwatch. This year, the bezel is also thinner, meaning they could give us a larger display in a similar body size to Watch 5 Pro or Watch 4 Classic. I'm so happy they brought it back! It's the best thing about Samsung smartwatches, in my opinion, and what makes them so much better than any other smartwatch on the market.

So, I spent all my time talking about the rotating bezel, but there is much more, of course. I love the new bands, many beautiful options. There is a healthy speck bump too, but my friend @GaryB82 already covered everything here. Overall, I feel like the Watch 6 Classic is the best smartwatch upgrade from Samsung yet, and I can hardly wait to receive mine later this month!

One final note. There was also an exclusive, green, color at Unpacked. It looks very cool, but I'm not sure at this time if it will be offered in the US. I don't see it on the website, yet. I put together a short video with some of my footage from the Unpacked hands-on session, you can check it out below.

What do you guys think? Are you getting one of these new Samsung smartwatches for yourself?

https://youtu.be/4EKVxzBlMVY Enjoy.

VerbumVeritum
Options

@Xipetotec Now might be the time to think about upgrading to a Foldable for sure, just for the sake of the residual trade-in value alone. The longer you wait, the less your S20 Ultra is going to be worth.