cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Note 9 screen shows horizontal lines on the screen after security update this morning.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am facing the same problem. What to do? 

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Note 9 screen shows horizontal lines on the screen after security update t..

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It looks like you may have a crack in screen. Right lower corner affecting the the touch sensor and backlighting

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Note 9 screen shows horizontal lines on the screen after security update t..

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am experiencing the same thing.  

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That is not affecting the backlight. The crack is an screen protector.  

The issue is that the colros, contrast and brightness of the screen gets affected and you can see horizontal lines. The screen is in good physicall conditions. It must be drivers issues. It started just after the last security update the phone received. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Maybe its true..my phone also got this horizontal line and the screen become abit yellowish colour. At first i taught the crack is on screen protector but then i remove the screen protector and saw a crack at the top right edge is broken, and the crack line continue along the screen. 

So maybe this is the reason? If this true, anyone know how to fix this problem? Or this horizonyal line happens because of something else? 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Note 9 screen shows horizontal lines on the screen after security update this morning.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

hi,

have you tried rebooting the phone to safemode?

HOLD the POWER BUTTON> tap and hold the Shudown icon till safemode appears>> tap safemode

If you are successful a word " safemode" appear on the lower part of the screen, then try to check if you have the same issue

If the phone on safemode, it will disable any 3rd party apps installed on the phone and will use only the pre isntalled apps, including the theme

now if the horizontal line dont appear, try to uninstall thems,wallpaper or app that may cause the horizontal line

If all fails, backup the phone and check if theres any service center near your area

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations

but most of the service location is closed due to COVID-19 issue, you might need to mail in the device.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It did not worked. on safe mode or after factory reset. The phone recovered the screen by it selft  hours after resetting it to factory. The issue now looks to be intermitent.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would try taking the device to a UBreakIFix repair center for a technician to take a better look at the symptoms you are experiencing.

Make sure the device is backed up so you won't lose any important data during the evaluation.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Got the issue today. Everything was working fine before that. Tried resetting too but the issue wasn't resolved. Hoping someone can provide a permanent fix. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue here!