JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Have to restart my Galaxy A71 5G to get it to charge

(Topic created: 01-10-2023 03:54 AM)
Members_I3KHls1
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Any suggestions on fixing the problem of having to restart my Galaxy A71 5G to get it to charge?  This is a problem that started about 1 month ago.  It charges just fine after restarting, but this is a problem I shouldn't be having.  I have owned nothing but Samsung phones for the last 10 or more years and never had a problem.  It's just becoming a pain in the butt to have to do this every time it needs charging!

12 Replies
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
This is weird, It might be a bug in your software. Contact samsung for help.
0 Likes
NPC1
Red Giant
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Have you tried Safe mode? Rules out any apps you've installed.
Members_I3KHls1
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Yes, I've tried this.  Any other things I might try?

0 Likes
Jamie23
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Not the exact same thing, But I've had to restart my phone about 30 times a day just to get any apps to work. And I also have this Samsung Galaxy a71 5G
0 Likes
Members_I3KHls1
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Sorry to hear that!  I still have not received any reply as to solving this problem!  I reached out to Samsung but didn't get any help. I'm disappointed with them because I've always had Samsung phones and never had a problem.  If they don't provide good support, I will probably switch to another brand.  I'm still hoping that someone will eventually reply with a solution, but I'll continue to restart until I get a new phone!

Cailin
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
My a71 5g just started doing the exact same thing about 2 weeks ago and it's driving me nuts having to restart it just to get it to charge. Someone, with any knowledge of this issue, please help. I've tried contacting Samsung and my provider as well and can get no assistance. Thanks in advance!
Lance55
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

MY A71 5G will not charge when power level is < 60% unless phone is restarted. I have same issue with several chargers in home and in vehicle.

Thanks

A715Guy
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I'm also having a similar charging issue. I can ONLY charge my phone when it's completely powered off. This started happening after the Android 12 update many months ago. I just updated to Android 13 and STILL the same problem. Very annoying Samsung, please look into this for all of us. Thank you.

Bob54321
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
My A71 5G is doing the same. Have to restart to charge phone. This started a week ago. Uninstalled new apps. No change.