JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Unable to add some photos to FB chats after 6.0 update

(Topic created: 12-27-2023 05:42 AM)
Options
Other Mobile Devices

HELP!!!

All of a sudden, after 6.0 update...I cannot add some photos to my FB chats...wish we could attach here, but see that we can't...message I keep getting is....go to app settings and give messenger access to your camera roll!!
Well I've tried everything..can't find where or how to do it....very frustrating, as I never had this problem before.
Using tab s8ultra.
Please help if you can, and thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
docfroi99
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Had the same problem. I uninstalled and reinstalled the messenger and it got fixed!

View solution in context

9 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Other Mobile Devices

@JOYLORRAINE644 Try this:

1. Long press on the Facebook Messenger icon.
  2. When the dialog pops up, click on the little i in a circle in the top right corner of the dialog.
  3. This opens the App info for the app. Click on Permissions.
  4. If Photos and videos are in the Not allowed category, click on it and allow it. 
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I have it...under photos and videos it says...always allow allšŸ˜Æ
0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Other Mobile Devices

@JOYLORRAINE644 I was thinking FB chats meant messenger. Do the same thing for the Facebook app and verify that it has the permissions. 

If that has the correct permission, perhaps the FB app needs an update. 

0 Likes
Options
Other Mobile Devices
No...FB messenger is different from say, Google messages which I also use....I can't see anything I haven't done so I'll just wait to see if it's a glitchšŸ¤Ŗ..thanks muchšŸ˜‰
0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Other Mobile Devices

@JOYLORRAINE644 Did you check the Facebook app settings by using the long press I mentioned earlier? 

0 Likes
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Yes...all was set...sorry you didn't see my answer....let's see how his goesšŸ˜‰šŸ‘
0 Likes
Bibi24
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Have you gotten this issue fixed. Just did the update and having this problem! So frustrating!! 

0 Likes
rajosj
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Same here since Oneui 6 update. Every permission is right, but doesn't work...

Edit: 
MitchG's reply : https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s/can-t-share-camera-roll-to-fb-messenger/td-p/24762251/p...  solved the problem. "There is no "Camera Roll" choice on my S23 Ultra. So I was looking at the Apps/Messenger and Permissions screen (attached) and Disabled and Reenabled the "Photos and Videos" option as suggested in this thread. That fixed the problem."

Solution
docfroi99
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Had the same problem. I uninstalled and reinstalled the messenger and it got fixed!