JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

HBO Max doesn’t have sound

(Topic created: 02-07-2021 08:28 PM)
user87O23AuVhF
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

I've deleted the original HBOGO app and downloaded the max app and there is still no sound on video. My tv still has sound on every other app and in the app but when I try to play a video there's nothing.

15 Replies
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Unplug your TV device, wait a minute, and plug it back in again. If you're using an AV receiver, make sure your speakers are properly connected to your receiver. Make sure the volume on your TV is not low or muted. Try playing another show or movie to see if the issue is limited to a specific show or movie.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
jobh
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
I have this problem too, my samsung tv and samsung sound bar don't show sound for hbo max, I also tried to just use my tv speakers and they don't work either, I have the sound bar connected with both optical and hdmi and it doesn't work either way, what else could I do
0 Likes
useraLjvPEN4X4
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

I had the same issue and found an EASY fix that was supposed to fix a totally different issue: 

Amazon Prime was giving a useless error "something went wrong". Many people reported that holding down the power button for 20 seconds will clear the cache on the Samsung smart TV's. I did this, and it fixed both issues.

My inital issue with HBO Max is that I would get no sound from the internal speakers or the external optical audio output. After the cache reset, I have sound in both modes. 

Members_AlV9eea
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

I've had this same issue with other apps. For HBO max I have to reset the TV's network settings. If you are streaming of course. 

0 Likes
userYitgCF0FKq
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
Same thing is happening with my tv. I had to unplug the TV for a least 10 sec and always fix the problem. but Samsung need figure out the issue so I don't need to unplug my TV every time this issue happen.
0 Likes
bluepixie
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
I have a Samsung 7 series TV with no sound bar and I have no sound coming out when I play a show or movie but all my other apps work great even the home screen for hbo has sound
0 Likes