JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Netflix not working on Samsung Smart TV

(Topic created: 11-23-2018 12:35 PM)
michaelgeraci
Cosmic Ray
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

I have HU8550, SEK 3500 set-up. Firmware 1453. Netflix app has been reinstalled. I still get the "cannot play title at this time" message on every title. Netflix works fine on all other devices in my house. Any ideas?

581 Replies
userEM3Wiaa8y8
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Tried most other "solutions" in this thread, including the "Country Change" one and this is the one that finally worked.  

So so many posts, here and elsewhere without a real software/firmware solution from Samsung is inexcusable. 

Thanks for the answer... at least for now.

0 Likes
userYAaE1wJgC3
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

That did work great job 

0 Likes
userAXUO22DJQK
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

The tip about holding down the remotes power button for about 10 second is legit! Worked like a charm when I did it this morning. I reset my entire network, reset the smart hub, tried to reinstall Netflix, checked to see if there was an update anywhere and nothing. This simple tip worked on the first try. Thank you!

user6dIeKops7N
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Been there done that and more, there are many fixes in this thread BUT we shouldn't need any of them if it was working correctly to begin with.

0 Likes
usergXwYciD7Ih
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

This also worked for me. However, you have to have the tv turned on first and then hold the power button down for 5-10 seconds. You will see when it reboots. I was able to access both Netflix and Prime after doing this (I hadn't been successful for a few weeks at this point). I can't speak to how long this fix will last but I'm glad to have it for now!

userdMll5etA4x
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

I  couldn’t get any movies to stream in Vudu or A prime and was on the phone with Samsung for half an hour with no luck, then stumbled upon this thread and tried the “hold remote power button for ten seconds” and now it works.  Can’t believe Samsung rep didn’t suggest that!  I’m happy now, was about to return the tv.  

0 Likes
userZnAv2Epvbx
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
I have been struggling with Netflix lagging, then freezing to the point that I have to physically reboot the TV, or wait 10min to see if it corrects itself. I actually had quit watching Netflix on my wonderful big screen Smart TV for months in frustration, which one of the selling points for me was the ability to binge shows on Netflix, Hulu, Prime etc... I SO appreciate finding this solution and can't believe it was so easy!
0 Likes
usergEZMemxh1R
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

What solution are you talking about?

0 Likes
userN2GS8SjvhU
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

You're so right, it is ridiculous but it WORKS! Thank you!!!

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

We're glad that you're up and running. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes