Original topic:

Connecting iPhone Roku App to Samsung TV Roku Apo

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
cyberbiker
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Connecting iPhone Roku App to Samsung TV Roku Apo
The Roku apps on major smart TV brands obviate the need for a separate Roku dongle connected to the TV; however, across the Internet, it seems people are having trouble connecting the smart phone Roku apps with the smart TV Roku apps, even though both are signed into the same Roku account.

Though connected to the same WIFI SSID, the iPhone Roku app will not connect with the Samsung QLED TV Roku app, even if I manually enter the IP address of the Samsung TV on the iPhone Roku app. It seems that all the help files refer to an IP address on the Roku device. However, major brand-name smart TVs have their own Roku apps, which don’t have a separate IP address.

It’s easier to search for videos and add them to the Roku watchlist using the smart phone Roku app, them to open the Roku app on the Smart TV to actually watch the videos.

Has anyone found the secret  to connect the smart phone and TV Roku apps?

The image are the frames from the iPhone Roku app to manually connect to the Samsung QLD TV unsuccessfully.

Image.png

 

Q60C QLED TV & Xbox Cloud Gaming
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! From my knowledge of the Roku app this will not work like that. The Roku app on your phone is mainly used for Roku devices such as the Roku TV's and the Roku plug in play device. I would recommend reaching out to Roku support if you have further questions about their app.

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! From my knowledge of the Roku app this will not work like that. The Roku app on your phone is mainly used for Roku devices such as the Roku TV's and the Roku plug in play device. I would recommend reaching out to Roku support if you have further questions about their app.