Original topic:

OLED S95B Series QN65S95BDFXZA screen saver

(Topic created: 08-19-2023 11:11 AM)
BizSAR
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

When watching over the air/antenna programs, the TVs screen saver comes on every few minutes and is really annoying.

Anyone have this issue too, and how did you fix it, if so?
I can't find any USB update files for this model either.
113 Replies
userCThtBFBJ3z
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

My auto power saving setting has been set to on the entire time, and I've consistently had this issue since mid to late August. šŸ¤¬

BizSAR
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
I've had it on too, but the issue seems to come and go.
user4I96libb4K
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

This worked for a day then the screen saver came back up again the next day and won't stop coming on while watching football

JamesW1
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

turned Auto Power Saving OFF, seemed to fix it.

0 Likes
JamesW1
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Actually it seems that toggling the setting fixes it, but you have to redo every time you turn tv on.

0 Likes
userUxLhgFiLUJ
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

To "fix" this, I switched from my OTA program to a Samsung TV channel and kept it there for about three minutes.  After switching back to my OTA program, the screen saver did not come back.

userCThtBFBJ3z
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

This may be a temporary fix, but at the price point and for a fairly current model, Samsung needs to get their butts in gear and correct it properly. 

userRLrLVGNYDf
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I have the same problem that seems to have started about a month ago!!  Iā€™m buying the Sony at twice the price to replace it. I cannot deal with Samsung anymore. Itā€™s not worth the frustration!

eec1699
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Think i may have the solution. I was having the same issue watching NFL. Every time i turned on a game this wechat thing pops up on the right side of the screen and i just close it and watch the game but the screen saver starts poping up every 2-3min. This time i opened it. I went into the options and disabled notifications. Then i deleted my profile and exited the app. No more screensaver šŸ™‚

userCThtBFBJ3z
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Ahaaa! You may be onto something. That  wechat thing started popping up right around the same time as this screen saver bug started happening... Curious! 

I'm definitely giving this a try if I can ever find out how to open it again. 

0 Likes