JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Pre-installed Apps not streaming - Peacock, Disney+, Hulu all FAIL

(Topic created: Wednesday)
Andy8
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Somebody posted a solution to this problem that I posted yesterday; and set flag to "solved" and locked me out from replying.  However the solution is not logical.  It asked me to prioritize my TV with my ISP.  That doesn't make sense - the AMAZON AND NETFLIX APP ON MY SAMGUNG TV STREAM FINE - PEACOCK, DISNEY+, HULU DO NOT.  I had an LG TV that I replaced with the Samsung.  ALL OF THE LG APPS worked fine.   Furthermore, every other device that connects to my network at any time can stream all of the apps properly.  THIS IS A PROBLEM WITH CERTAIN NATIVE SAMSUNG APPS.  I HAVE NO ISSUES STREAMING WITH THESE APPS ON ANY OTHER DEVICES.  SAMUNG NEEDS TO STEP UP AND DIG INTO THIS.

I am reposting my question below:

I am noticing that the pre-installed apps load properly but then fail when playing video.  Only Amazon and Netflix work.  Hulu, peacock, Disney+ don’t.  In these apps - I can search and select a movie to start - but then the screen goes dark or freezes.  I have tried everything- firmware update, reinstall app, cleared cache, smart hub reset, power hold reset, unplugged tv for 2 days.  Nothing works.   I am able to stream all of these on my firestick also plugged into tv and using same internet.  But Samsung native apps fail.   

Anybody have a fix for this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

You may have already done thins but I would go to TV Settings and disconnect the internet connection and then I would Power cycle the router and reconnect the TV wifi and test. 

If that doesn't work I would call tech support for the ISP as recommended. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 Replies
justmeagain79
Galaxy
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
They gonna kick you from the community if you start reposting threads. Seriously I'd Google the issue and live to complain about something else.
0 Likes
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

You may have already done thins but I would go to TV Settings and disconnect the internet connection and then I would Power cycle the router and reconnect the TV wifi and test. 

If that doesn't work I would call tech support for the ISP as recommended. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV
0 Likes