Original topic:

Q80c 85in TV, showing bright white areas with blue tint

(Topic created: 08-24-2024 09:49 PM)
JayTubeTV
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

IMG_0633.jpeg

On some shows I get this overexposed area that turns a shade of blue.

Firmware has already been updated to latest.

thx

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Hey, sometimes the color makes all the difference when viewing a tv. I play videogames so discoloration could ruin my whole experience. Let's get this situated as soon as we can.

If what  said doesn't work and you've already updated it to the latest firmware you can try this:

1. Run a Picture Test on the TV.

• Navigate to Settings, select Support, and then select Self Diagnosis. Select Picture Test, and then follow the on-screen directions.Picture Test highlighted on a Samsung TV
  2. Determine if spots are appearing in the Picture Test.

Look for a spots on the screen during the Picture Test. If there are no spots, this means your TV is working fine. To identify and fix the issue, first try replacing the cable of the external device that is showing spots.

If the spots still appear after replacing the cable, troubleshoot the external device.

If spots appear during the Picture Test, proceed to the next step.

If these do not help I recommend letting a service technician have a look. As we would like to gather additional information, and look at this from a case by case basis, please provide the full model code and serial number of the device as well as your best contact phone number, name, and email

Send a message on Facebook

Send Message on Twitter

Send Message to Moderator

If your unit is out of warranty and you would like to receive quotes on service/labor from an Authorized Service Center near you, please visit:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

View solution in context

3 Replies
MrGhoul
Comet
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
I had this on my Samsung TV a little while back, fixed it by going into picture settings, and tinkering around with the settings. I turned off "contrast enhancer" when enabled was making a blue hue on some frames, including some night scenes.
JayTubeTV
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Thank you this does help when you turn off Intelligent Mode and Contrast enhancer but in my case the blue hue is still there with it being reduced. 

Others have complaint about this in the past so hopefully it can addressed with a firmware update.

Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Hey, sometimes the color makes all the difference when viewing a tv. I play videogames so discoloration could ruin my whole experience. Let's get this situated as soon as we can.

If what  said doesn't work and you've already updated it to the latest firmware you can try this:

1. Run a Picture Test on the TV.

• Navigate to Settings, select Support, and then select Self Diagnosis. Select Picture Test, and then follow the on-screen directions.Picture Test highlighted on a Samsung TV
  2. Determine if spots are appearing in the Picture Test.

Look for a spots on the screen during the Picture Test. If there are no spots, this means your TV is working fine. To identify and fix the issue, first try replacing the cable of the external device that is showing spots.

If the spots still appear after replacing the cable, troubleshoot the external device.

If spots appear during the Picture Test, proceed to the next step.

If these do not help I recommend letting a service technician have a look. As we would like to gather additional information, and look at this from a case by case basis, please provide the full model code and serial number of the device as well as your best contact phone number, name, and email

Send a message on Facebook

Send Message on Twitter

Send Message to Moderator

If your unit is out of warranty and you would like to receive quotes on service/labor from an Authorized Service Center near you, please visit:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location