Original topic:

QLED Wishes for Better Remote and Audio Options

(Topic created: a month ago)
userqEC3B6imVc
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Due to power surge (yes, it was on a UPS / surge device), I didn't have a lot of time to research and purchased a QN65Q72DDF set. Two things really stand out that I have a great dislike for: 1. the solar remote and 2. capability to connect wired headset transeiver.

The solar remote has to be the worst designed product I've had to deal with. Anyone have an alternative type of remote that has NORMAL buttons? The remote with this product requires "side pressing" volume and channel buttons. Which usually ends up muting it or speeding by the perferred channel. Also, would like a simpler way to turn on / off close captions. As it is now (unless I'm missing some other type of shortcut), the vol button needs to be pressed and held for a sub-menu (then, even though the option is turned off, the voice guide starts reading the options!) that requires you to scroll to the bottom. Way too tedious and distracts from viewer's interest.

As for audio options, my original Samsung was configured with a wired transeiver for wireless Sony headset. I could use them at the same time as others in the room were listening to the broadcast. On this new set, it seems that the only option is with a bluetooth set. So, my question is; when a bluetooth headset is connected, is the audio still capable of being heard via the speakers in addition to the headset?  

2 Replies
Members_FwXPuLW
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

i have a qled and i use a philips universal remote. i have severe neuropathy in my hands and the philips has a solid hand feel and normal buttons! it even comes preprogramed with samsung as the default! light up buttons and everything! the only thing i don't love is the back button  on the right side of the face, counterintuitive but i got used to it quickly! as for the headphones, it is time for bluetooth! infrared went out of style 20 years ago. if you can afford them i recommend Senhouser hd450 bt cans!

0 Likes
userqEC3B6imVc
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Thank you - may I have the model number info for the Phillips remote?

0 Likes