Original topic:

Tv One Connect box

(Topic created: 07-10-2024 12:42 PM)
PappyVanWinkle
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Ok my 55" UN55MU8000FXZA   Display part of the TV stopped working properly and I can't afford to replace it. I have a different big screen TV so can I using a Connect one to standard HDMI cable and use the box with the other TV?

0 Likes
4 Replies
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Hello! Thank you so much for posting about this. I completely understand your concerns about the TV display not working. Here is a link you might find helpful: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01109749/

Please let me know if this helps

PappyVanWinkle
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Ok, not what I asked. The display is toast! and a friend gave me a new TV so can I connect a Connect One box with a Connect One to HDMI cable to the new TV so I can use the Apps embedded in the box..

Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I see, I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. That may not be possible as the One Connect cable uses a proprietary plug that only fits the Samsung TV it was made for. Additionally, the internal components of a non-Samsung TV may be different, and therefore not communicate properly with the One Connect Box. This could possibly cause image or sound distortion, as well as lack of available functions and settings. If you are unable to have the Samsung TV serviced or replaced, you may want to look into other streaming devices that pair well with the other TV. 

PappyVanWinkle
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

As being in the tech sector for many many years I find your answer to be somewhat disingenuous or maybe you didn't fully read my question or understand it. . I can get a Samsung Connect One to standard HDMI conversion cable and I asked if I could use the working box to (let me make this clearer) 1. access the embedded apps and also use it as a hub for the USB and added HDMI inputs.  I'm I know that Samsung does not recommend this but is it possible? I have already lost the major part of what cost me over $3000.00 that only lasted 6 years (I don't find that a bargain) and want to make use of what isn't broken