JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

dark section of screen (Frame tv)

(Topic created: 05-04-2024 02:08 PM)
JBirdJ
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

We have a Frame TV that will turn 3 years old this month.

Recently we have started noticing a section of the screen is darker than the rest. It's particularly noticeable when watching sports -- as the camera pans left or right, you can really see the image change as it moves through the dark section.

I've tried fiddling with the brightness, tried other inputs, tried the self-diagnosis tool, nothing helps.

Attached is a picture that highlights how it looks and where the darker section is, in lower part of the left half of the screen.

It really makes watching programs annoying. I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

IMG_1068.jpeg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
GaryB82
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Sorry to say but it appears the backlighting in going bad in those areas and would need repaired to get the original picture back 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

View solution in context

3 Replies
Solution
GaryB82
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Sorry to say but it appears the backlighting in going bad in those areas and would need repaired to get the original picture back 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

IamArv
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
I agree. The backlighting is going bad in the TV. Is it still under warranty?
You might be able to replace yourself if you can find the part number of the board and buy it on eBay.
JBirdJ
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Ok. Thanks very much for the responses. 

Definitely a bummer as it’s only 3 years old.