JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Disable Auto-Detect and Auto-Switching Features

(Topic created: 05-15-2019 07:47 AM)
kamien
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

FWIW I have Anynet+/CEC disabled already. I have a Q8F (QN55Q8FNB) running firmware 1251 and the user experience is awful. 

I would love the option to:

- Disable automatic detection of HDMI inputs. Please let me set up the inputs how I want and stop clearing my settings whenever I unplug something.

- Disable automatic input switching. I'm capable of switching the input myself, thanks. 
- Disable HDMI device control. Don't turn on my XBox, please. At any time. Ever.

- Disable settings propogation my sound bar. Just because the TV is in Game Mode doesn't mean I want the sound bar in Game Mode as well.

- Give me the option to disable the soundbar control and just output sound to optical. The TV will occasionally "forget" there is a soundbar connected, so the option to disable that entirely would be nice.

If you could just give me this display panel without all of the smart features I'd be a very happy customer.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
32 Replies
userk5LYA66ygA
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

How can this still be an issue... Who designed this.
Here is a video of the problem, I spend hours each week fiddling in menues because the firmware autoswitch my sound when switching source.

https://youtu.be/BQZV84VXOY8

0 Likes
user26UtPiIjfo
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Bought myself a Xmas present only to have it  me off every time I turn it on.  Darn thing turns on and switches to my blu ray player as the input every time. I have searched the net heavily and wasted many hours with support with Zero resolve. This will known unresolved issue dates back into 2017. Corporate needs to flush the trash out from development and get someone that can actually fix this! PS, corporate, if this is not resolved by 1/15/22 this piece of  is going back.

0 Likes
userpKBDSue46p
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Finally a solution!!! but you need a special remote but it maybe worth buying, if you have a samsung dvd or blu-ray player those remotes can work too, here is the video. https://youtu.be/k4UFC5KXWQ0
basically with the right remote, its

Mute, volume down, channel down, power.