Original topic:

HDR Too Dark

(Topic created: 09-20-2020 09:25 AM)
jeffsb
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

HDR on my Q80T is too dark no matter what the settings are.  This happens on all HDR content, regardless of source.  It is apparently common with thousands of customers. All other formats look great but this makes watching most TV about unusable with HDR which is now on with most NETFLIX, AMAZON ect. shows.   I want to have Samsung simply have the user option to turn HDR OFF.  Thousand of us want the same thing or boost the HDR content some other adaptable way.  

Anyone know if SAMSUNG will fix this or spoken to them directly - really there are no user adjustments to fix this no matter what the settings...and without going into details, thousands of customers have tried every possible setting.

SAMSUNG PLEASE GET US SOME OPTIONS TO HELP MORE WITH PROBLEM WITH HDR!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hey, give this link a shot: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01202526/ If this does not help I recommend letting a service technician have a look. Send your full model code and serial number via private message or call 1-800-SAMSUNG directly to get started.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
8 Replies
jeffsb
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

I also have a an Q80T and when watching NETFLEX or YouTube TV HDR is way too dark and complelyu unwatchable.  All user setting have been tried in every possible way.  Makes no difference if I you use  SAMSUNG direct internet or FireStick connection, same thing.  Everything looks great with just 4k or UHD content.  A several thousand dollar tv should not do this and my older Samsung was way better conmpared to this messed up HDR mod and latest firmware makes no difference either.  So many others folks seem to have this problem and not a single work for Samsung support about this and am told that "this is just the way it is" and a broadcaster problem for the creators of HDR content.  So why doesn't Samsung just have an option to turn off HDR in some way or just at the HDMI source or go just do SD/HD or just 4k with no HDR until whoever has this problem fixes it.  Has anyone else had any feedback from Samsung about this? 

Solution
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hey, give this link a shot: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01202526/ If this does not help I recommend letting a service technician have a look. Send your full model code and serial number via private message or call 1-800-SAMSUNG directly to get started.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
EC1524
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

Having the same problem with my brand new tv, I was able to get it less darker rising the shadow detail setting but now the dark areas seem pixeled or off, that shouldn't be like that.

userQoN29wGi1J
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

@Astronaut - same issue completely. Really disappointed with brand new Q60. Often so dark it's not worth watching in any room with daylight.

I did find a slight improvement by disabling ambient light detection under settings/general/eco solution.

userzY12eyKLWf
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Same problem on samsung frame 2020

userJqhUiuCwwD
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

Brand New 80t so dark I cannot even watch dark scenes on movies or shows .Very disappointed wish I went with LG no support from SAmsung

user8AwcZRsLv1
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have this same problem. Brand new Q70T. Dark scenes are impossible to watch. I hate this TV. It has soooo many issues with other electronics. It actually makes my other devices worse. I would return it if I could, but unfortunately I am just barely outside of the 15-day window. I've spent hours with Samsung support unplugging and replugging in devices. Try this, try that. It's a waste of time. My only hope is that someone from Samsung will read this thread and allow me to make an open box return. Not counting on it though. They were no help on the phone.

MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
QLED and The Frame

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find resolutions and needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring with your product. Thank you for being part of the community!

0 Likes