JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Image Discoloration and lines on TV

(Topic created: 05-25-2021 09:37 AM)
sandhj
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I bought a 65" QLED Samsung TV on December 18, 2020 and on April 30, 2021 I moved the TV from one wall to another (about 12'). After I moved the TV and reconnected it there was a discoloration in the top right corner with lines going across the top of the screen. I contacted the service department from the store where I bought the TV (Conn's) and a service technician was scheduled. When he came to the house he took pictures with is cell phone and told me I should get a response as to what action Conn's would take by that afternoon. It was several days before I heard back from Conn's with me calling and going by the local store to find out what would be done to repair my TV. When I finally spoke with a manager I was told that the issue with the TV was not a warranty issue and there was nothing they could do. I then contacted Samsung and did not get any better results. I was told that the issue with the TV was a result of an impact to the TV. When ask for someone to come out and show me any evidence of an impact to this TV I was told that an impact can be many things such as power surge, lightning strike or static electricity in the air. This sounds like a cover your hiney statement that can be used to not honor the warranty provided with the TV.  Before I put this five month old TV in the trash I would like for someone to show me the impact that they are referring to from a picture with a cell phone. Conn's was kind enough to tell me they would make me a good deal on another TV but sorry I cannot afford to be buying a TV every five months. I have read through all of the literature that came with the TV and no cautions about moving or touching the TV was found.

Jack

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hi Jack,  If you would like us to schedule a technician out to the home we can, but do keep in mind that if it's found that the symptom is due to impact/physical damage, you would be responsible for the cost of the visit.    If you would like to get that set up, feel free to send me a private message and I can set that up.  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
Solution
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hi Jack,  If you would like us to schedule a technician out to the home we can, but do keep in mind that if it's found that the symptom is due to impact/physical damage, you would be responsible for the cost of the visit.    If you would like to get that set up, feel free to send me a private message and I can set that up.  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
sandhj
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

What is the cost 

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

The service center would be able to provide estimates prior to the service.  

0 Likes