JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

My remote control turns my TV on by itself :/

(Topic created: 08-24-2021 12:50 PM)
user_steve
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I have a remote control that will turn ON the TV 30 seconds after I turn it off.  I know the remote is turning on the TV because I watch the remote and it blinks rapidly, about 7-8 rapid double blinks.  The TV will then come back on.  This happens not all the time, but once or twice a week.  Every time I turn off the TV the remote will do a quick double blink 30 seconds after turning off the TV, but the TV will not turn on.  But every so often the remote blinks a lot (7-8 rapid double-blinks) and turn ON the TV by itself.  This cannot be normal.  I bought the TV 5 months ago.  TV model is QN55Q6DRAF.

I have a 5 year warranty.  Should I get a new remote control?

27 Replies
user_steve
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

It's not the remote as Samsung sent me a new remote and the issue did not change.  The problem is a board inside the TV which communicates with the Samsung remote.  Using another remote (I use my Blu-ray player remote) only to turn the TV on and off is a work-around.

Takmen
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I have the same problem with RU8000.

Let us know if you find a solution please!

userB20fBmZEwk
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I bought my QN55Q6DRAFXZA on 8/2019 and it has the same problem exactly. The issue continued into 2020 but then stopped for about 6 months or so. Now the issue has come back in 2021. This sounds like a software problem. Maybe an update to the TV fixed it for about 9 months in 2020 but now the issue is back again. There is no way to look in the TV at past updates or when they took place. Hope Samsung will fix this problem soon.

userB20fBmZEwk
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

UPDATE: A few days after my last post I rebooted my router because it had gone off line and when it came back on I noticed that the "power on" issue with my 55" Qled had stopped. It has been two weeks now and the TV is working as it should. Did the reboot of the router fix it or was that just a coincidence? My current software update is 1374.

SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

That's a legit possibility.  We're glad that you're up and running!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userB20fBmZEwk
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Update:  Well the issue has returned. The remoted had turned the TV on 20 seconds after I turned it off a day ago. Hope that this problem can be solved for good.

userbh0BBWmxOc
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I have this problem, I complained about it straight after I bought the TV brand new.  I was told by support this was due to having Facebook app installed on my mobile and it was turning the TV back on. 

I don't have Facebook app on my phone.  So not sure how that's possible. 

I literally have to wait 30 seconds after I turn off my TV, to see if it comes back on, before leaving the room.. so I can turn it can off again, so it doesn't stay on all night.

The level of support on this issue is terrible.. I can't believe Samsung don't have a solution for this if it's so common.

I'm still having this problem today, if someone from Samsung can call me and send out a technician and fix the problem, I'd be very appreciative.

Cheers.

userQqj0uaeSpC
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I have had this problem since purchasing the TV and went online several times to look for a solution. Some seemed to resolve it for a couple days and then the problem would return. I never thought to look at the remote and now see that this appears to be my problem as well. I re-paired the remote to the TV and so far, all is well. This has been the most frustrating issue that I've ever had with any TV that I've owned over 50 years so I'll be searching for another brand when this one needs to be replaced.

Samsung has to have seen this issue with many owners and obviously doesn't wish to deal with it...

0 Likes