Original topic:

QLED Home Button Not Working, Blue Progess Bar Under It

(Topic created: 05-12-2024 10:03 AM)
LaurieC
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I'm having an issue with the Home button not working properly.  I press the button and it appears on the screen after a delay.  Once it appears, the < > buttons might work once but then it freezes.  I'm also seeing what I would call a progress bar under the Home bar as shown in the photo.  If that's what it is, it seems stuck.  I'm having the same issue when using the SmartThings app so I don't think it's the remote.  Any suggestions?

IMG_2304.jpeg

5 Replies
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

If you an get to the menu from Home try this:

1. 1 Press the Home button on your remote control and then select Menu.
  2. 2 Navigate to Settings and then All Settings.
  3. 3 Navigate to Support and then select Device Care.
  4. 4 Choose Self Diagnosis.
  5. 5 Choose Reset Smart Hub.
  6. 6 Enter the PIN for your TV. Note: The default PIN is 0000.

Reset the Smart Hub on your Samsung TV

bille_0-1715558200578.png

samsung.com
** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV
0 Likes
LaurieC
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

To be clear, once I press the Home button, I can't do ANYTHING or get ANYWHERE.  I cannot navigate to any option.  This is true with the remote and the SmartThings app. 

0 Likes
bill-e
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I just noticed the progress bar comment.  That could be internet.  I would Power cycle the router and any ethernet switches. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV
0 Likes
bill-e
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Two things to try.  First press and hold the Power button on the TV for at least 30 seconds.  And/or try unplugging the TV for about a minute. 

Bill
---
0 Likes
bill-e
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Relying only on my phone experience, I would get the TV into the locked up state and then press and hold that power button until the TV turns off or restarts.   With phones sometimes you have to hold the button down for much longer than what people say on the internet. 

Bill
---
0 Likes