JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

TV QA43QN905C problems

(Topic created: 12-12-2023 05:29 PM)
apollog
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

13 days ago my TV was delivered and I have been fighting problems   need help, customer support in Thailand is useless. I bought the TV to use as a PC monitor ( salesman oversold my bad). First cannot get colors correct at all in monitor mode they cab get closer when I trick TV to believe it is a cable box. It has a yellow haze or is much too bright. Second the left edge of the screen is faded colors. One solution that Saqmsung CS gave was download to a USB drive and play through TV not HDMI. They  refuse to accept a return and say that the fade at the edge is normal at the same time they are telling me this is top of line. I do not know if anyone here can help, next step I guess will be to contact Korea

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello @apollog! If the information from @OoYORIoO does not help then this will require service. As we are a US-based forum we would be unable to help with setting up services or setting up exchanges/refunds. You would need to go to your country's support team using the link below. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html

View solution in context

5 Replies
userNAjQUTnAqX
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame
If you're still able to return it you need to do that
0 Likes
userNAjQUTnAqX
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame
If you can't return it then it needs to be replaced it sounds like you have bad pixels
0 Likes
OoYORIoO
Nebula
Options
QLED and The Frame
@apollog

Welcome to the Samsung Community. I'm sorry to hear that you having a less than desirable user experience with your new Samsung Television.

I'm posting some quite useful tips provided by one of the Samsung Moderators here on the Samsung Community. Please try these steps after first trying to contact one of the many Samsung Moderators here on the platform. I've provided one of the Samsung Moderators here: Send a Direct Message to them and they will assist you.

@Samsung_Moderator

If you would like to continue to troubleshoot your Samsung Television. Please follow these excellent tips!

"If you’re experiencing picture issues with your TV such as freezing, a flickering or cloudy screen, dark spots, or distorted colors, you can solve them using a few different methods. Running a picture test, doing an HDMI test, and updating the firmware can help you determine how to fix the problems.

Run a Picture Test on the TV.
On 2021 TV models: Navigate to Settings, select Device Care, and then select Self Diagnosis. Select Picture Test, select OK, and then view the test. You can select Yes if the picture looks normal, No if there is a problem with the picture, or Show again to see the picture a second time.
On previous TV models: Navigate to Settings, select Support, and then select Self Diagnosis. Select Picture Test, and then follow the on-screen directions.

Determine if the dark spots are appearing during the Picture Test.
Look for the spots on the screen during the Picture Test. If there are no spots, this means your TV is working fine. To identify and fix the issue, first try replacing the cable of the external device that is showing lines.
If the spots still appear after replacing the cable, troubleshoot the external device.
If spots appear during the Picture Test, proceed to the next step.

Test the HDMI cable.
Some TVs have an HDMI cable test. The test is designed for HDMI cables less than 2m long and may not produce good results on longer cords.
On 2021 TV models: To perform the test, navigate to Settings. Select Device Care, select Self Diagnosis, and then select HDMI Troubleshooting. Select the HDMI connection you'd like to test, and then follow the instructions on the TV.
On previous TV models: To perform the test, make sure the TV's source is still on the HDMI setting for the cable you want to test, and then navigate to Settings. Select Support, select Self Diagnosis, and then select Signal Information. Select HDMI Cable Test, and then select Start Test.
If the test says there is an issue with the cable, replace the cable.

Adjust the brightness level on the TV.
The brightness level can be adjusted from 0 - 50. Press the Home button. Then navigate to Settings > Picture > Expert Settings > Brightness. Turn the brightness up or down until you are happy with the way it looks.

Enable Intelligent Mode
Intellegent Mode will adjust the brighness automatically depending on the content being displayed. Press the Home button. The navigate to Settings > General > Intelligent Mode Setting.

Try a different picture mode
Change the picture mode to a different option to see if the brightness looks more appealing. Press the Home button. Then navigate to Settings > Picture > Picture Mode.

Update the firmware over the network
If your TV is connected to the internet, follow these steps:
Press the Home button on your remote.
Navigate to and select Settings (gear icon).
Navigate to Support > Software Update > Update Now.
Your TV will check for the update and should start downloading the update.
After the update is installed the TV will shut down and restart.
Once the TV restarts, press and hold the Power button on your remote until the TV turns off and back on.

Download the firmware from Samsung.com
If your TV is not connected to the internet, follow these steps to update the firmware:
On your computer, navigate to the support page for your TV.
Click Downloads, and download the new Firmware"
OoYORIoO
Nebula
Options
QLED and The Frame
@apollog

Additional Support Information can be found here:

@UnclScrewtape

Samsung Product Support Website:

"How to Discharge or Cold Boot Your Samsung Television"

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062957/

1. Unplug the TV from the power source.
2. ***Wait for at least 60 seconds to discharge any residual power.***
3. Plug the TV back into the power source.
4. Disconnect all Devices & Cables from your Samsung Television IE: USB, HDMI, Digital Optical Output, Mouse, & Keyboard
5. Attempt to turn on the TV using the remote or the physical power button.
6. If your Samsung Television is plugged into a Power Strip or Surge Protector. (Test and ensure that the Power Strip or Surge Protector is Functioning Properly)

If these steps don't resolve the issue with your Samsung Television. I will provide additional information on how to seek Support for your Samsung Television here:

Please contact Samsung Customer Care: 1-800-SAMSUNG

You can find support at Samsung's Website here:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/

Or if you prefer you can also send a private message with your Information to a Samsung Moderator. @Samsung_Moderator

Thank you for using the Samsung Community and thank you for your question regarding your Samsung Television. Samsung Customer Support is here to assist you. Thank you!
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello @apollog! If the information from @OoYORIoO does not help then this will require service. As we are a US-based forum we would be unable to help with setting up services or setting up exchanges/refunds. You would need to go to your country's support team using the link below. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html