JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Buzzing Noise from Samsung Netflix App

(Topic created: 08-12-2020 08:44 AM)
userH6GzoeVYO0
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

We just bought a QLED Q80T TV and set it up yesterday. There is a terrible buzzing noise when using the built in Netflix app. It makes it impossible to watch. I've read that this is due to a firmware update from Samsung. When will there be a fix for this??? Makes me want to return this TV and go with a different brand! I've tested Netflix using our old Apple TV box and it works fine. So it's definitely the app that comes pre-loaded with the TV.

userUgvnIg940B
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I am having the same exact issue with the Samsung Q80T 75". I also have a Q80T 65" which is not having the issue.

Here is a video I made demonstrating the issue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMJBX03C9Wg

usertJmdgIJ6wx
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Thanks for posting the video. I can confirm that the buzzing sound that I hear is the same as in your video and it also comes primarily from the left hand side of the panel.

0 Likes
uservT6xPgsJZo
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I have the same issue in the UK. Raised the issue with Samsung UK yesterday, and the lady I spoke to confirmed that she had seen this thread and that the issue affects users worldwide. She said any extra information is useful for the engineers, so this is a fantastic video!

BTW, casting netflix to the TV doesn't cause the issue, but I cannot confirm whether 4K HDR is supported via that method as I have only been watching trash on there.

I have the QE85Q80T.

0 Likes
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Anyone seeing it on the 65"? I have the Q80T and have not heard the buzzing noise, although the video capture is a great reference for me to be on the lookout.

0 Likes
userLaVMOpJIK1
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

This is a fantastic video showing the issue mate. I am the user who posted from Australia having the same exact problem. I think I will also post a video showing the same results. The more posts and evidence provided should hopefully speed up a resolution process from Samsung other then the usual advice such as factory reset the TV which does absolutely nothing. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Funnily enough I was able to stop the buzzing sound by following the recommendation from the Autranlian folk who commented about LED clear motion. Just go to Picture Setting > Expert > Auto Motion Plus > Custom > Uncheck LED Clear Motion. The picture quality is affected by unchecked this settings but it's not as annoying as the buzzing sound. I was 1 week away from taking the tv off the stand and smashing it with a stick... It is the only Samsung thing I have in my house. Glad it's the only thing.

0 Likes
user1XLpShFn2c
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

in my case, i followed your advice and it seems indeed that LED clear motion has something to do with the buzzing sound, but for me ENABLING led clear motion reduced the buzzing quite significantly. and i can only modify led clear motion in standard mode.

0 Likes
usertJmdgIJ6wx
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Been over 2 months and still nothing from Samsung

0 Likes
user1XLpShFn2c
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I own a US bought 75 inch Q80T and i also confirm the issue of that coil whine sound coming when using the built in Netflix app. Very annoying. Samsung please fix this a.s.a.p plz

0 Likes
userRNoHvAn2p8
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Samsung sent out repair tech ( Third party). They want to replace all the electrical boards to try and solve the problem. Not acceptable on a brand new TV.  They don't even know if that will solve the problem. TV going back to Costco. 

0 Likes