JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Bixby routines: Wifi strength trigger

(Topic created: 06-02-2022 02:45 PM)
DrewbyDoobie
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
It would be awesome if the wifi strength trigger could be based on a particular network. I'd like my wifi turned off when my network is 2 wifi bars or less. The strength of other networks you can't connect to is meaningless.

It would also be great if the wifi strength trigger could be set to X bars or more, so that I could have wifi turn on when I have a significantly strong signal from my network. I'm not sure why there is a trigger for four wifi bars or less....there will always be four or less! 
0 Likes
7 Replies
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

@DrewbyDoobie 

"It would be awesome if the wifi strength trigger could be based on a particular network. I'd like my wifi turned off when my network is 2 wifi bars or less."

That is easy to do.

1. Open Settings
  2. Click Advanced features
  3. Click Bixby Routines
  4. Click Add routine
  5. In the "If" area, click the "+" sign.
  6. Select "Wi-Fi network"
  7. Choose "Connected"
  8. Click "Add" and choose your Wifi network.
  9. Click Done
  10. Click the "+" sign just below the Wi-Fi network setting and above the "Then". This will add a 2nd condition.
  11. Click "Wi-Fi strength"
  12. Click "2 bars or less"
  13. Click "Done"
  14. Now add what you want to happen in the "Then" area. 
  15. After you have everything added in the "Then" area, click Next
  16. Give your routine a name, select a color and an icon.
  17. Click Done.
0 Likes
swirle13
Constellation
Options

unfortunately, Wi-Fi connection only seems to be an "if" condition and not a "then" condition. I can't switch the Wi-Fi to a different network when one is weak, which is what I was hoping to do.

I have a WiFi range extender due to lack of coverage by my router and it's in my bedroom and I want it to automatically switch to that network. But I haven't found a way to get Bixby or Samsung routines to be able to do this, unfortunately.

I did have to install GoodLock's "Routine +" extension to get the wifi strength and "if connected to..." conditions, but unfortunately it doesn't provide a way to choose networks, or even turn WiFi off and back on so the OS will automatically choose the stronger WiFi.

0 Likes
PeterParker
Cosmic Ray
Options
Bixby routine Flip 3

I created a routine that when completely folded and the phone is ringing, to run a quick command in which I must say "pick up phone" and then run the preset "answer this call". However, Bixby quickly listens (like 1 second) for the verbal input, but whether I say something or not, it just answers the phone. I thought it would wait until it received the words "pick up phone" but doesn't. Any thoughts? clipboard_image_1633047555567.jpg
0 Likes
LongHiker
Options

@PeterParker Have you tried removing the routine? Execute the quick command directly by saying your phrase? 

0 Likes
userovj8Ik75N7
Constellation
Options
This no longer works. There is no option to change network
0 Likes
LongHiker
Options

@userovj8Ik75N7 The instructions I provided below to turn off Wifi when the network signal drops below a set level still work for me. 

Do you have the Routines+ module in Samsung's Good Lock installed? I don't think that is required, but it is worth having. 

0 Likes
userwX1OVBguGD
Astronaut
Options

I have setup the routine with a trigger point as wifi strength. It was working as intended initially, but somehow stop working and started malfunctioning the routine as Bixby routine was not able to get strength information.

I am getting an error in Bixby routine saying "can't get wifi strength information"

0 Likes