JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Blue dot text message by contact

(Topic created: 12-23-2019 08:02 PM)
userXtsgcad5Ta
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Does anybody know what the blue dot Is on the icon next to the person's name in the text message app? Only shows there. Only on select contacts.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
107 Replies
Stell
Astronaut
Options
What does the color of the circle next to a contact indicate. Some are pink blue orange etc
gussalvtv
Astronaut
Options
I'm wondering the same, in my case the circules are green color at all
0 Likes
Jlefave78
Constellation
Options
While that answer does seem to sound the smartest, it is still wrong. Apparently no one in this chat has the real answer. My mom has the exact same phone, carrier & plan I do. Yet does not have a blue dot. Where my brother has an 8 year old phone that barely does anything at all. He's with carrier link & I have a blue dot by his contact pic.
TDBurnham
Astronaut
Options
Yes. Do you see them dots next to the visible contactsScreenshot_20220520-040715_Messages_2443_1653037635.jpg
0 Likes
userWtjmPxxxvJ
Astronaut
Options

Hello,

I processed the update this morning and now the blue dot aligned to other Samsung contacts and in the messaging app is gone.  Any idea why? Is there a fix?

Thank you!

lenmer02
Asteroid
Options
Same happened to my friend how can this be fixed
0 Likes
lenmer02
Asteroid
Options
My blue dot is not showing in my msgs
0 Likes
cali8702
Comet
Options
The blue dot on the contact means the messaging app will search your contact list to see which of your contacts have phones that support RCS. If you utilize an RCS network infrastructure on both of your phones, the other person's contact information will have a blue dot next to it if you are in communication with them.
0 Likes