Astronaut

Re: message icon

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sure

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Blue dot text message by contact

JUMP TO SOLUTION
ok so about that blue dot on text message icon I was told the other day it means blue for chat message and green means sms text yup
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ok so in my list of conversations, looking at everybody's initials little circle thing. I decided to click on the initials with the blue dots and I am able to video call them, the video icon shows up in green on the contacts that have the blue dot. When I click on contacts that do not have the blue dot. I am not able to video call them and the video icon is greyed out like I cannot video call them. Hope this helps

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Re: Blue dot text message by contact

JUMP TO SOLUTION
thanks it does
Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
okay thx
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
how to turn on blue dot on my Samsung phone? I did latest update and now not there on my Samsung android users
Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
From what I am experiencing, from the messages that I responded to have the blue dot. But, when I respond they go away. Another thing is that for all of my iPhone using friends, the messages are green and for the androids they come in blue.
Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It astonishes me that someone thought that providing a blue dot as a sign for an obscure network protocol would be helpful.  What a waste of bits and bytes.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
AT&T, Sprint, and T-Mobile join forces to bring RCS to Android in 2020. Here's a shocker. All four major US carriers — Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, and T-Mobile — have just announced that they're joining forces to deliver RCS messaging in the US for Android smartphones in 2020.Oct 25
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I wish people wouldn't answer problems/questions if they "think" they know but they don't have accurate information. I have a Samsung Galaxy S8+ phone on Sprint/T-Mobile. At least 2 of my contacts have Android phones but not Samsung or Sprint. They have blue dots next to their contact icon.
Other contacts have the Sprint for different phones (iPhones for instance) with no Blue Dot. Also, please, if you are going to answer a question using an acronym (RCS) please try to define what that is. We should not have to Google an acronym to figure out what's being talked about. Just my opinion.