JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Email address contains a banned word

(Topic created: 03-22-2022 07:30 AM)
user52lEOG81tt
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I own a domain and give each company I do business with an email address of the form company@mydomain.com. That makes it easy for me to sort and search for emails from a specific company (as well as tell if they've sold my email to spammers). Consequently, my Samsung account email was .

When I upgraded my phone recently, I couldn't login to my Samsung account. I tried password recovery, and it said no such account existed with that email address. To test that, I tried creating a new account with that email, and I got an error message saying the email address contains a banned word.

Ok, it makes sense that they might ban email addresses with "samsung" in it - someone could try to use it to pose as official Samsung support representative. I don't have a problem with using a different email address.

The problem is, my order and support history is all under . I have no way to access any of it. I'm still getting marketing emails and order updates to . So the account is still active on Samsung's servers, just inaccessible by me. Is there some way an admin at Samsung can drop into that account, and just update the email address to a different legal one so I can continue to use that account?

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your concern with not being able to use your e-mail address for your Samsung account. I would recommend reaching out to our accounts team directly at (855) 795-0509  for the best assistance with your account.