JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Find My Mobile notification for retrieve calls and messages

(Topic created: 05-17-2023 02:33 AM)
katiMarie
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I received a notification on 05/15/2023 at 11:35 pm from find my mobile... retrieve calls and messages... said I needed to allow call log and sms permissions for Smart Things Find. I have never used Find My Mobile. Was this notification because someone was tracking me and wanted access to my call logs and messages. Also when I looked at all the permissions for find my mobile I came across one that I did not see in the overview of app in store under what permissions to run. It was listed as.... Com.samsung.android.oneconnect.permissions.SEND_ANONYMOUSSESSION_RESULT..... is this some way of being tracked??

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
THE GEEK 19
Cosmic Ray
Options
You are not being tracked. Find My Mobile is the Samsung equivalent of Find My iPhone on Apple devices. The reason you got that notification is because they added a new feature which allows you to retrieve your call logs and text messages in the event that you lost your phone.

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 Replies
cmd1219
Constellation
Options
I got the same exact notifcation at 230 am the other day. No idea why
0 Likes
BonnieEilidh
Constellation
Options

I also just received this exact same notification and have the same concerns. Sorry, I have no answers.

0 Likes
Solution
THE GEEK 19
Cosmic Ray
Options
You are not being tracked. Find My Mobile is the Samsung equivalent of Find My iPhone on Apple devices. The reason you got that notification is because they added a new feature which allows you to retrieve your call logs and text messages in the event that you lost your phone.
0 Likes
katiMarie
Constellation
Options
Ok well I tried to go under find my mobile and retrieve the call log/sms and it gave me an error message. Also can you explain the permission I explained about the anonymous session. Thank you
0 Likes