Original topic:

Goodbye Samsung Messages!

(Topic created: 3 hours ago)
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
Starting with the release of the Fold 6 series, Samsung Messages will no longer be pre-installed on future Samsung devices. Google Messages will be the only messaging app on phones in the US. Google is pushing this especially with the implementation of RCS compatibility on Iphones come September. RCS will only work from Google Messages to IMessage. Google owns Android, their platform, their rules. 

Samsung Messages will still be available for download in the Galaxy Store, stripped of any real meaningful features.

Not only will Google Messages be the sole messaging app, RSC will be turned on by default. If you wish to have RCS chat features it will ONLY be available in Google's product.

I will bet that when the next update rolls out, all those that still have enhanced features in the Samsung Messages it will be gone. Samsung Messages will now only be SMS/MMS.

This is the future going forward with messaging in the US, you either jump on board with Google Messages or you can stay with Samsung Messages with no enhanced features.

MsVirgo87
Sun
Options
Right cause google messages straight up sucks
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

@JLo33 I've used both and also Textra for a while. Google messages works just fine for me. I haven't had any issues. 

0 Likes
JLo33
Galaxy
Options
It's not the user experience. Samsung just feels better to me, obviously subjective, but still...
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
They want a pretty app!
0 Likes
Iamchaos13
Nebula
Options
I dislike Google messages. I tried, but mainly the fact that I can't customize anything on it. They added some bland colors that look terrible. The purple looks pink. Lol. I use different color text boxes also and Google can't do that. I don't care RCS either as no one I message has it so it's basically a useless feature right now.. Although it doesn't come pre-installed anymore, you can still download it from the playstore, but it says some features aren't available with it. Idk what those are.
JLo33
Galaxy
Options
This is what makes Samsung joosy! You nailed it!
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
With all due respect, looking nicer doesn't always mean better.

The truth is that a lot of my friends and family have iPhones, I would like to see those photos and videos in full resolution. This should be a pleasant surprise, not some horrible Google Messages experience!

I'm so over people sending me videos and pictures that are either unwatchable or pixelated junk.
Iamchaos13
Nebula
Options
I have no issues with samsung mess.. I honestly don't see any difference between the two apps. I just dislike... Well. I dislike change. šŸ˜‚
0 Likes
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Ah, the truth. I like change, it means moving forward!
Iamchaos13
Nebula
Options
Sometimes..
0 Likes