Original topic:

Google Messages: problems sending/receiving messages to Iphones!

(Topic created: yesterday)
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

For those that are having problems sending messages to Iphones, if you have RCS chats enabled. You have to toggle on what I have circled in the screenshot otherwise it won't default to SMS/MMS.

Open Google Messages, tap on your profile picture, go to Messages settings, RCS Chats, scroll down to the toggle I have pictured. Done!
You will now be able to text with those that use iPhones.

0 Likes
usertu9Vkm1QdD
Asteroid
Options
I clicked on Samsung messages to see the difference from that Google, and now I can't figure out how to go back
0 Likes
Iamchaos13
Nebula
Options
Nope. Been messaging iPhones for years.
0 Likes
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
You use Samsung messages, don't you?

0 Likes
Iamchaos13
Nebula
Options
Yes
0 Likes
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
This is for people who use Google Messages that are having problems sending messages to Iphones!
When you have chats on and don't toggle on send as SMS/MMS Iphones will not be able to send a message.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
I've always used Google messages and never had a problem exchanging messages with iPhone users.
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
You have send as SMS/MMS toggled on. If you don't have that on in Chat settings, they won't send.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
I have that setting on. I was saying in all the years I have been using G messages, I have never had a problem communicating eith iPhone users.
0 Likes
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
We are old hats, we don't need to be told these things.
I have been using Google Messages since 2019, when you had to download multiple apps to turn on Chat Features.

I did it to everyone in my circles phone who have Android.
Never looked back!
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Well, my first smart phones were not Samsung and G messages was the default on all those phones, as well as G Board, and when I switched to Samsung, I tried S messages and hated it, and really hated the Samsung keyboard, so I stuck with Google. Every time I switch back to assist someone, I am reminded why I hate those apps.
0 Likes