I went ahead and allowed my phone to update this morning and now I am getting old messages from December of last year. Also, when they add an emotional or picture it does not show the image anymore. What the heck is going on?
Solved! Go to Solution.
Hello BJ54, and welcome to the Samsung Community. I understand Images and attachments no longer show, and old messages are showing after update.
Please attempt to put unit on Safe Mode. A third party app may be causing this issue.
1. Hold power off button until Safe mode icon is displayed
3. Select Safe mode. Once in safe mode you will see the words Safe mode at the bottom of the screen.
4. To exit Safe mode. Restart device
5. To find which app is causing the issue, you can try uninstalling the apps in the order of the last installation.
If this doesn't work attempt to clear Cache partition.
The system cache partition stores temporary system data. It's supposed to allow the system to access apps more quickly and efficiently, but sometimes things get cluttered and outdated, so a periodic cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly.
1. Power unit off
2. Press and hold the Volume Up button and the Power key for 8 seconds.
3. Use the Volume Down rocker to highlight wipe cache partition.
4. Press the Power key to select it.
5. Select Yes
6. Lastly, press the Power key once to select ‘Reboot system now’ and it will restart your device .
If this doesn't work I recommend backing up your device and performing a factory data reset.
Lastly, if you are still unable to resolve this issue I do recommend reaching out to your carrier.