Original topic:

Is Samsung Phasing Out the Edge Panels?

(Topic created: Monday)
PrivacyandSecurity
Cosmic Ray
Options
I went to see if there were some more and your get 5 and the appstore no longer has them. What happened? My tablet is on 6.1.1. I didn't update my phone because of it. The update came in and is available. But I rely on that calculator panel. I get the smart select one is gone. But all of them?

Good thing I layer my security cause I will not be updating my phone to lose features. I got 6.1.1 on my tablet first. So, I got to see the difference right away. My phone was late getting the update. But it finally came but unwanted. That AI stuff I mostly do not use. I test and buy software and tested a bunch of the AI software. It's mediocre at best. I wouldn't pay for it.
6 Replies
SenseiKayJayy
Galaxy
Options
Im updated to the software i still use my edge panel. I dont think that they are phasing it out anytime soon.
0 Likes
SammySamYungBoi2000
Cosmic Ray
Options
Smart select is available under the new icon. It just adds way more options, it's kinda slower than the one we had, but it still works. I mean it looks nicer this time at least
0 Likes
PrivacyandSecurity
Cosmic Ray
Options
The blue glow box. It's weird. I can create gifs from the gallery. Also, after the picture, select then take it to a shape when editing. More steps, no thanks. It's one and done once you do it. You are stuck with it like it or not. I use my calculator panel a lot.
0 Likes
Pat12
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
What do you mean by "new icon"? I am also missing the old "smart select" edge panel since a few weeks ago
0 Likes
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

@PrivacyandSecurity The Tablets and Z series (Folds and Flips) only have a limited number of Edge panels available and no store access to search for others. 

My S23 Ultra has the 6.1.1 functionality installed and still has access to the Galaxy Store for additional Edge panels. 

PrivacyandSecurity
Cosmic Ray
Options
OK, that's good news. My tablet on 6.1.1 doesn't. Tried it yesterday. How do you like it?