JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Messages app crashing

(Topic created: 05-28-2024 09:07 PM)
Papyrus16
Pilot
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

My Samsung Messages app keeps closing. I've restarted my phone multiple times. I've gone to Settings > App Settings > Messages > Storage and hit Clear cache and Clear data. When I do this, the space used for cache and data go down to 0, but then immediately go back up to the original storage amounts when I reopen Messages.

I found a previous conversation about Messages crashing in Dec 2023 and tried following the instructions but when I held down the power button and volume up with the phone turned off, the phone restarted as normal, even though I held them down until after the Samsung logo disappeared.

If I can't fix it, can I install a different app for

My Google storage is 94% full. Could that be connected?

2,577 Replies
patsym
Constellation
Options
My messenger keeps crashing, what's going on??? And where should I go to text messages out??
userzqZMbWhcjr
Constellation
Options
Looks like we're all in the same boat.
LegitTheAvenger
Cosmic Ray
Options
Google messages will work 4 now . My note 20 5g is messed up too
Members_aingT6O
Asteroid
Options

Seeing that others are having the same issue all of a sudden, and taking my not updating Samsung Messager into account, I wonder if it's some sort of backend issue.

ChrisDc2
Cosmic Ray
Options
We're in the titanic boys... unless this is a way of samsung forcing us to use Google messenger.
Frank1jv
Halo
Options
I was able to get texts, just when I tried to reply app closed. Read another thread, alot of people reported this.
Samsung_BNZT8Ti
Asteroid
Options

Same here in my S24-U, app keeps crashing within 2~3 seconds of trying to reply.... the ONLY thing I did was to update my apps from the Google Play store 15 mins before this issue started this afternoon, and roughly about 5 or 6 Google apps were there and I clicked update all, There were NOTHING from Samsung or anyone else, just bunch of Google stuff. Not sure how those apps that got updated would cause the Samsung SMS Message to crash like this....extremely strange. 

0 Likes
ChrisDc2
Cosmic Ray
Options
I can read & reply but have to be quick if not it closes .
mshelblt22
Constellation
Options

Mine started doing this this morning 5/29/24. Luckily i can respond from my watch lol.

0 Likes
CPtennis
Asteroid
Options
S23 ultra also having same issues. Went through all troubleshooting. Cleared cache, cleared data even, checked premissions, update Google play, checked samsung store etc. Went through loopholes with samusng support, no avail. They told me to use Google messaging and then offered me the 24 ultra for $550 and wouldn't let it go. So irritating.