JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Messages app crashing

(Topic created: 05-29-2024 06:00 AM)
Papyrus16
Pilot
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

My Samsung Messages app keeps closing. I've restarted my phone multiple times. I've gone to Settings > App Settings > Messages > Storage and hit Clear cache and Clear data. When I do this, the space used for cache and data go down to 0, but then immediately go back up to the original storage amounts when I reopen Messages.

I found a previous conversation about Messages crashing in Dec 2023 and tried following the instructions but when I held down the power button and volume up with the phone turned off, the phone restarted as normal, even though I held them down until after the Samsung logo disappeared.

If I can't fix it, can I install a different app for

My Google storage is 94% full. Could that be connected?

2,577 Replies
umsaved
Asteroid
Options
I don't have Google meets on my phone.. Messages STILL closes. SOMETHING PLEASE HELP
0 Likes
JIngiosi
Constellation
Options
I just now followed what others on here are saying about disabling google meets and for some reason or another to my surpise it worked . Thank you to whoever thought to try that . Why it worked have no idea lol but I can send messages and read them too 😊👏👏
0 Likes
bushmaster2027
Constellation
Options
Same here. Just started this morning. I've done the cache clear, still didn't fix. You are not alone.
0 Likes
userUcDGSfG6Oa
Constellation
Options
I just spoke to someone at Samsung customer service. They had me download SMART TUTOR on the play store. Then he went through a diagnostic check to send a message. It works now. Oddly, he didn't tell me to reinstall the Google Meet app. Thanks for the tip this morning about that though! It worked immediately.
0 Likes
DPBanana64
Constellation
Options
Same, my message app keeps taking me out of it
0 Likes
Foodygirl1979
Constellation
Options
IDK but it's driving me crazy
0 Likes
James27007
Asteroid
Options

S22 ultra, same issue.  Un-installed Google Meets and it did not help. 

0 Likes
mugsymalone99
Constellation
Options
Wow strange but worked for me as well
0 Likes
mugsymalone99
Constellation
Options
Worked for me as well