JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Messages app crashing

(Topic created: 05-29-2024 07:20 AM)
Papyrus16
Pilot
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

My Samsung Messages app keeps closing. I've restarted my phone multiple times. I've gone to Settings > App Settings > Messages > Storage and hit Clear cache and Clear data. When I do this, the space used for cache and data go down to 0, but then immediately go back up to the original storage amounts when I reopen Messages.

I found a previous conversation about Messages crashing in Dec 2023 and tried following the instructions but when I held down the power button and volume up with the phone turned off, the phone restarted as normal, even though I held them down until after the Samsung logo disappeared.

If I can't fix it, can I install a different app for

My Google storage is 94% full. Could that be connected?

2,577 Replies
Suziqlove
Constellation
Options

Yes I disabled google meet and it seemed to have fixed this issue for now 🙂

0 Likes
PapaBear87
Constellation
Options

Bingo!  That did the trick!

0 Likes
Members_Avakoyk
Constellation
Options

Didn't work for me, but glad to see I'm not the only one with issues.  Please fix soon!!

Members_JTVXVMx
Constellation
Options

I dont even have Google Meet

0 Likes
Members_tST48sd
Constellation
Options

This info did not work for me at all.

I went into the app and clicked on the bubble chat icon, clicked recipient and added the person I needed to text. I was able to send my text that way without it crashing. To respond to a text u need to do the same thing.

Members_ANebmIU
Constellation
Options

Disabled google meet and messaging now working again. Hope true fix is released soon so I can still use google meet, thanks for the work around. TY!

0 Likes
dunkietrunk28
Constellation
Options

Thank you for the updates and this worked for me! What other video apps do you recommend since the problem is with the Google Meet app? 

0 Likes
Members_Eamyf6h
Constellation
Options

Mine was doing it also. I went to meet app and un-installed update on it and works fine now

0 Likes
userYxeypqTuMq
Constellation
Options

U have to force stop and then disable from the icon (tap and hold; disable appears at bottom right)

0 Likes
Samsung_LUzYFLm
Constellation
Options

My message app keeps closing, I've cleared the cache, I do not want to clear the data and start all over again! I've force stopped the meet app, that did not help. What is the solution? Are you able to fix the problem and notify us on your progress?

0 Likes