JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Old features on new Samsung Notes update

(Topic created: 09-18-2020 05:30 AM)
Goutham123
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I wish i could have  some features from the old version of the notes app. Like colors for folders, the title placement is nor user friendly , saving to folders is not user friendly,   font color for the title, no place for uncategorized notes. I need to explore more of this but i am pretty sure i miss the colors for the categories/ folders.

48 Replies
CLF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

Hey, 

@Goutham123

I open the Notes App, select the main menu and select folders. This shows the list of folders and at the bottom of the the folder list we have all the notes that are not in a folder that used to be marked as uncategorized. Any notes that are not in a folder can easily be moved into a folder by long pressing on the note and selecting move on the menu that opens at the bottom of the screen. 

To create a new note inside a specific folder open the folder and select the add icon to create a new new note. Type some words and close the new note. It automatically saves the new note in that folder. Title the folder as if it were a category. Tap the folder icon next to the folders name, in red color, and it takes you back to the main folders screen. I think these methods are really much easier and less confusing than older versions.

Think of the folders as the new way of creating Catigories. I'm kind of glad that they removed the uncategorized item from the main notes app menu I always felt like I needed to move them into a category.

I agree color options for the folders would be great, and something other than white on white for locked notes. Locking a folder might be nice so we don't have to unlock each locked note individually.

I'm still learning as much as I can about all the new features and capabilities this new version has. Have you tried changing a notes background using an image from the gallery? Pretty cool option for a notes app. 

Have fun, 

Best regards, 

CLF 

0 Likes
Goutham123
Asteroid
Options
Thanks for the response... i did try the background options and i am going with a dark background which is easy on my eyes especially at night. i am really glad they have this feature in this version.
0 Likes
CLF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

Hey, 

@Goutham123

I agree it's a nice option to have. The only thing I've noticed is that if we try and save the note as a pdf it doesn't adjust the image size to fit properly. I haven't tried the other formats yet. I switch the notes template back to default and background color to transparent before printing anyway so it not a big deal.

Best regards,

CLF 

0 Likes
Goutham123
Asteroid
Options
I tried the what you mentioned for the uncategorized notes... i just added a new note and not added to any folder and went tinto the folders and i dont see it at the bottom?? am i missing something?
0 Likes
CLF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

Hey, 

Below are three images of selecting the note, the menu that opens at the bottom of the screen and the list of destination folders. Screenshot_20200918-083547_Samsung Notes.jpg

Screenshot_20200918-083601_Samsung Notes.jpg

Screenshot_20200918-083628_Samsung Notes.jpg

0 Likes
Goutham123
Asteroid
Options
Did you have to create that Uncategorized folder first?
0 Likes
CLF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

Hey, 

@Goutham123

Ah, that's not a folder titled uncategorized it is a new note titled uncategorized. In the image I am selecting the note and then moving it into a folder.

Yeah a poor choice for the name of a note considering the conversation we're having about this. I have a Russian mind and American fingers, sometimes they don't know which way to go.

Remember when we're in the main folders page and select the add icon it creates a new note outside of the folders and saves it there. When we open a folder and select the add icon it creates a new note inside the folder and saves it there.

The old version had the uncategorized folder as a default. It would list all the uncategorized notes gathered from the All Notes view page and bring them into the default uncategorized folder.

They changed the name Catigories to Folders, there exactly the same thing just different names. Today there's really no need to have a specific folder named uncategorized for the new Notes saved outside of a folder it gatheres them all up and puts them underneath the list of folders.

In the all notes view page they're all spread out according to the sort order. The new method works perfectly once we get used to it. 

CLF 

0 Likes
Goutham123
Asteroid
Options
Also in the previous version i used to write a bunch of notes in the morning and they are automatically went into Uncategorized folder and i never created that folder/ category. And by evening i cone to the Uncategorized folder and move them to respective categories/folders... thats my workflow and now i write a bunch of notes in the new version and then i have to move them manually to Uncategorized folder and then later go there and sort them out. I know it is easy to put it into a folder when I write a note...but my notes are so abstract I cannot decide on which folder to put right away.. so i put seperate time for categorizing them...
0 Likes
CLF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

Yeah me too. That's why I have a folder titled things & stuff. I don't know where else to put them. I also have a folder titled Testing for all the new features and capabilities I learning about. I'll delete it when I'm finished.

CLF 

0 Likes