JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Phone app Crashing after One UI 6.0 update.

(Topic created: 11-20-2023 04:45 PM)
text1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

After One UI 6.0 update, I can't see who is calling or accept/reject the call. 

Callbgprovider app Crashing
Call app Crashing 
Phone app Crashing

These are the pop ups showing up.
 Need to fix ASAP 
631 Replies
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Hmmm. Try this. Settings>Apps>select the sort function to the right of "Your apps" and toggle on "Show system apps" at the top>search for "Call" >Storage>Clear cache. Repeat this process for "Phone" as well.
0 Likes
Raiden36
Cosmic Ray
Options
That didn't work for me either.
0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Options
In that case, clear the data in the Phone app instead of cache.
0 Likes
Raiden36
Cosmic Ray
Options
I appreciate you taking the time to help me 😁
Raiden36
Cosmic Ray
Options
Also didn't work. The same "Phone has stopped running", barrage of black screens and the phone menu doesn't appear.
0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Options
See if the phone app can open in Safe Mode. From the power menu, press and hold "Power down" on the screen until the option to reboot the phone in Safe Mode appears. Safe Mode disables all 3rd party apps, so if it's working then an app is somehow preventing the phone app from functioning.
Raiden36
Cosmic Ray
Options
That was another solution that the technician told me to try and it didn't work. Are there more than one apps for calling now? A second phone app I could default to?
0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Options
You could try installing Phone by Google. There are probably a few others in the Play Store. Since all these steps didn't work, however, the only other thing I can think of that might restore the native calling app's functionality would be backing up your data and factory resetting the device. 😢
0 Likes
Raiden36
Cosmic Ray
Options
I see. Is Samsung aware of this issue and working on an update? I could wait and try that as a last resort with doing a factory reset?
0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Options
Your screenshot seems indicate that an incompatible or corrupted version of the app has been erroneously installed. Honestly, I haven't seen any other users with this issue, and I have an S22U Ultra myself with the most recent update, so it seems to be affecting only a small number of devices. Something you could definitely do is head to the Support tab of the Samsung Members app and submit an Error report under the Send feedback section. Make sure to recreate the phone crashing event right before creating the report, and attach your system logs. This will alert the proper dev team of the problem so this can be patched in the next update. EDIT: Replacing the SIM card might also be a solution.
0 Likes