Original topic:

Phone app Crashing after One UI 6.0 update.

(Topic created: 11-21-2023 07:28 AM)
text1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

After One UI 6.0 update, I can't see who is calling or accept/reject the call. 

Callbgprovider app Crashing
Call app Crashing 
Phone app Crashing

These are the pop ups showing up.
 Need to fix ASAP 
631 Replies
Members_TkSS4Q3
Constellation
Options

I have been having the same issue. I have done all of the troubleshooting steps except a new SIM and full factory reset. I have been using "phone by Google" to get by. I was going through this forum and found mention of the secure folder uninstall might work. So I gave it a try and it worked for me. Steps: Settings-->Security and privacy-->More security settings-->Secure folder-->More settings--> Uninstall. All files will be backed up to regular storage and can be found again. Restart your phone. After restart, my phone app worked and I hope yours does too as this had been a big pain for all of us. You can also recreate your Secure folder after the restart and the phone will still work. I hope this helps. Shame on you Samsung. You actually made me think about getting an IPhone... no joke

Javier60
Cosmic Ray
Options

Received update through At&t I have s22 ultra everything seems normal but phone dialer not working flashed black screen. Need fix a phone with no phone use.

sanstorm
Constellation
Options
The same happened to me last night Javier60. Phone dialer is not working properly and can't use speaker. I'm very frustrated.
DanielTheBigD
Galaxy
Options
You both can try wiping the cache partition of your phones. You can do this by first shutting down your phone, then holding the volume up button and the side key (power button). Next, keep clicking the volume down button to select the "Wipe Cache Partition," press the power button, and use the same method to select "Yes." When the process is done, restart your phone as usual.
timclements5
Cosmic Ray
Options

Thanks for posting - trying this right now. Hope it works, driving me nuts

thescott64
Constellation
Options

I followed those steps and it made no differance.

Members_TkSS4Q3
Constellation
Options

Have you tried uninstalling Secure folder? This worked for me

timclements5
Cosmic Ray
Options

Nope didnt work dammit 

0 Likes
DanielTheBigD
Galaxy
Options
So far it is a mistake on Samsung's end, as shown in this post: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S22/Fix-update-crashes/td-p/2728316?src=ShareByUserCM
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
not disputing this in the least. my bride got the same update (S23U/unlocked) and has had no issues. I wonder if those experiencing this problem have AT&T branded phones?