Original topic:

Phone app Crashing after One UI 6.0 update.

(Topic created: 11-21-2023 08:06 AM)
text1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

After One UI 6.0 update, I can't see who is calling or accept/reject the call. 

Callbgprovider app Crashing
Call app Crashing 
Phone app Crashing

These are the pop ups showing up.
 Need to fix ASAP 
631 Replies
Heathbear
Constellation
Options
Mine too! Is there a fix yet?
Zero3350
Constellation
Options
Not yet. I have samsung watch that I use to make calls & transfer calls to my phone, but it keeps heating up my phone.
0 Likes
pyelamo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Same here, i got the update yesterday and still without work.
0 Likes
DDQ50
Cosmic Ray
Options
Me too found this workaround install Google phone app set as default and can make & receive calls but samsung needs to fix this asap

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.dialer
Alesha
Constellation
Options

Thank you so much for this work around.

0 Likes
useroRN7VGOXee
Constellation
Options

Worked on this for over a day with ATT, google search, etc.

Nothing worked.

I could see incoming call notification, answer the call, or hand up a call after initiating a call.

I finally backed up my contacts, etc.

Did a factory reset

entered requested information after reboot

restore my contacts

And it is working perfectly now.

0 Likes
usernIImtR6iTa
Asteroid
Options
Follow these steps. It fixed my calling issues!

This will reset your settings. You can do that from Settings> General management> Reset> Reset all Settings.
0 Likes
Options
After the Android 14 update, the mobile network was disabled. Wasted hours with AT&T and Samsung on the phone, but didn't help much. 
But, afterwards I investigated further by going to the ABOUT PHONE (PHONE INFO) and discovered that the phone number was unavailable. Also, all sim card info was unavailable. 
I checked my data usage, and it didn't show any accumulated usage for my mobile data. It only showed WiFi usage data.
All this led me to determine that the sim card was somehow rendered unreadable, disabled permanently. 
After I visited one of the local AT&T stores, the sales person/agent there made a new sim card for the phone, and once it was installed the mobile network was restored. Case closed.
CliffCh
Cosmic Ray
Options
I hope there's a better fix then getting a new Sim card. I have at&t my phone calls don't show up and can't hangup the phone
Options
Sounds like you might have a corrupted sim card, Cliff.
Sim cards sometimes do become corrupted, go bad. And, in that case they become permanently unreadable, no matter what you try to do. You can try to reset the mobile network, but it doesn't do a bit of good.
In my case, Cliff, during the update process, the sim card was permanently corrupted and disabled and could not be reactivated.
I had no choice but to try replacing it with a new one.
Well, it worked.
I recommend that you try getting your sim card replaced. Never know, it might fix those service issues you're having.