JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Phone app Crashing after One UI 6.0 update.

(Topic created: 11-22-2023 12:38 PM)
text1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

After One UI 6.0 update, I can't see who is calling or accept/reject the call. 

Callbgprovider app Crashing
Call app Crashing 
Phone app Crashing

These are the pop ups showing up.
 Need to fix ASAP 
631 Replies
userE1eboziWZN
Constellation
Options

I've been following along and trying everything mentioned short of full factory reset, but disabling the "Secure Folder" app seems to have actually worked. I have an S22 on AT&T. There was not initially an option to disable the app when I first looked, but somewhere from the settings/apps list I was able to find a way to disable it (I cleared cache/date, etc. too). I took out the sim turned off the phone, replaced sim and turned on and now it works. I have taken the sim out several other times trying other suggested fixes too, so not sure this added anything. I have previously removed ATT Call Protect, cleared cache from the boot menu, etc. 

Samsung_UyYlfCk
Asteroid
Options

Follow these instructions to uninstall secure folder then reset you phone and your phone app will work again.

https://www.easytechguides.com/uninstall-secure-folder-on-a-samsung-galaxy/

solongdelong
Asteroid
Options

This worked for me! I have a physical SIM card and converted it to an eSIM.

Go to settings > connections > SIM manager > click on SIM card > convert to eSIM. 

Immediately tried a phone call and it worked perfectly! Hope this helps!

0 Likes
Callissue
Constellation
Options
So I also have a Galaxy S22 Ultra with AT&T and have had the same issues described here. I tried the steps short of factory reset presented here to no avail. As a side note I did install Phone by Google as a temporary fix and that does work.

What I did notice that I saw no one talking about was I also had a secure folder notification stating this:

"When available att will show your rich call display information from known trusted businesses notification"

Clicking on it did nothing and I also could not clear it. This made me think, perhaps something with Secure Folder had something to do with it.

So I unistalled secure folder (if you have items in there it does back them up for you on your device). It's a pain to find but this is the menu tree:

Security & Privacy > More Security Settings > Secure Folder > Heading that says Uninstall

Once un-installed, I repeated these steps:
1. Power off Phone
2. Removed Sim Card
3. Access root menu to clear cache(vol up +power button)
4. In menu cleared cache partition and then repaired apps options.
5. Phone powers up after. Power down again
6. Put Sim Back in

After all this everything works again. The only thing off now is the secure folder which unless your cheating on your spouse shouldn't be a big loss until they patch the update.
Members_g9c3rSZ
Constellation
Options

Thanks for the suggestion. Did not fix the issue on my S22+ with AT&T.

0 Likes
ldw4
Asteroid
Options

Did you also uninstall At&t Call Protect app?

0 Likes
ldw4
Asteroid
Options

Uninstall "Secure Folder" and "At&t Call Protect"

0 Likes
guerilla-grip
Cosmic Ray
Options

is this only on the Ultra model or is this issue across all S22 models?

0 Likes
GreenEyedLady
Asteroid
Options
When will this be fixed.
Options
I had no choice but to take my phone to my local AT&T Store to have my sim card replaced, after the update installation process permanently rendered my sim card completely unreadable (basically erased it), so I had no phone or internet services. Had to use WiFi in order to use my phone.
Fortunately, once I replaced the sim card everything is working fine now.
0 Likes