JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Phone app Crashing after One UI 6.0 update.

(Topic created: 11-23-2023 02:32 PM)
text1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

After One UI 6.0 update, I can't see who is calling or accept/reject the call. 

Callbgprovider app Crashing
Call app Crashing 
Phone app Crashing

These are the pop ups showing up.
 Need to fix ASAP 
631 Replies
BombshellBella
Asteroid
Options
U can pull down your drop menu from the top of the phone and click the little arrow beside the call in progress notification. Apparently the only option that works is using the Google "phone app" from the playstore & making that your temp default call app. Hope they fix this soon. At&t says Samsung says they r aware of the problem and know how to fix it and will be implementing it soon. Hope it's today bc this is nuts!
Shel18
Constellation
Options
I agree. It's nuts and I hope it gets fixed today. I did download the Google phone app and that's working. Before, even when I pulled down the notification of the call in progress- I saw the option to hang up but it did not actually work.
0 Likes
imhines9192
Galaxy
Options
I have AT&T & haven't had a problem with the update. I guess it's just certain areas that are having issues. I have the S22 Ultra.
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Do you have an unlocked or locked phone?
It seems it is only locked phones experiencing this problem
BombshellBella
Asteroid
Options
Hmmm..
That's very interesting.. I wonder why ... I have a feeling it has to do with the connection to the Sim card &/or the additional bgcallapp that let's u pick a new background for your calls but also keeps crashing concurrently with the call/phone app
solongdelong
Asteroid
Options

This worked for me! I have a physical SIM card and converted it to an eSIM.

Go to settings > connections > SIM manager > click on SIM card > convert to eSIM. 

Immediately tried a phone call and it worked perfectly! Hope this helps!

ZombieMom559
Constellation
Options
Same issue, cannot answer or hang up. I can call however, but can't use my phone while on a call.
0 Likes
Wil47812
Constellation
Options
0 Likes
Littlebigdog12
Constellation
Options
Same they need to come up with another update to fix
0 Likes
userpGa2tANTMe
Constellation
Options
I have the same problem. This is super disappointing. I would think that gliches like this would have been ironed out before it was available to the masses.
I literally can't see who is calling me, nor can I answer my phone. The phone rings, but the screen is black.
This is extremely frustrating.