JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Phone app Crashing after One UI 6.0 update.

(Topic created: 11-21-2023 09:51 AM)
text1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

After One UI 6.0 update, I can't see who is calling or accept/reject the call. 

Callbgprovider app Crashing
Call app Crashing 
Phone app Crashing

These are the pop ups showing up.
 Need to fix ASAP 
JUMP TO SOLUTION
631 Replies
The Big Z
Asteroid
Options

This just fixed my call app and screen flashing on my samsung S22 ultra. I went to settings/apps/ phone. Scrolled down to storage and cleared cache and then cleared data too. Then immediately powered off the phone. Then held volume up and power button until the Samsung emblem appeared then released. Itll go to that android diagnostic mode screen. I volumed down to wipe cache partition then down to ok. I let it clear then DONT REBOOT. immediately after I wiped it I volumed down to the bottom and selected repair apps (I think its the very bottom). As soon as I clicked that the phone will do its thing and restart itself. Had the wife call me when the phone restarted and it worked again. The screen showed the ID and number and the answer/ reject like usual. And I can make calls like usual. No errors or anything. Looks like it's back to normal. Wouldn't hurt to try that. Might help.

ABishop95
Cosmic Ray
Options
Has anyone spoken to anyone wt Samsung?
The Big Z
Asteroid
Options

This just fixed my call app and screen flashing on my samsung S22 ultra. I went to settings/apps/ phone. Scrolled down to storage and cleared cache and then cleared data too. Then immediately powered off the phone. Then held volume up and power button until the Samsung emblem appeared then released. Itll go to that android diagnostic mode screen. I volumed down to wipe cache partition then down to ok. I let it clear then DONT REBOOT. immediately after I wiped it I volumed down to the bottom and selected repair apps (I think its the very bottom). As soon as I clicked that the phone will do its thing and restart itself. Had the wife call me when the phone restarted and it worked again. The screen showed the ID and number and the answer/ reject like usual. And I can make calls like usual. No errors or anything. Looks like it's back to normal. Wouldn't hurt to try that. Might help.

0 Likes
Raiden36
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tried that and it doesn't work for me.
Dx4227
Astronaut
Options
I tried a live chat but it was useless guess we will have to wait for a patch
0 Likes
silvy
Astronaut
Options
I have the same problem, very frustrating. I tried live chat it didn't help.
0 Likes
userSYCxMeqRYP
Constellation
Options
Same. **bleep**
0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
While Samsung issues a fix for this, kindly install the Phone by Google app from the Play Store. Also, you may want to try some of the steps outlined in this thread. Although they didn't help Raiden resolve the issue, one of them might just fix it for you.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S22/Phone-crashes-after-update-S22/td-p/2727641
0 Likes
chrispyj
Explorer
Options
I don't even care if they fix it at this point, they've completely messed up my phone. The only thing holding me back from purchasing an iphone is my phone contract
CC1114
Constellation
Options
Same
0 Likes