Original topic:

Samsung Health - Custom Max heartrate is ignored

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
Crt2
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Hi all, 

since some time now, my Samsung Health app on my S22 Ultra, in combination with my Galaxy Watch 4, ignores the custom heartrate I've set.

After one of the last updates this setting was moved and I had to set my custom heartrate again, so I did via the following route:

1. Open Health app

2. Select an exercise type, in my case running

3. Click on the 'hamburger' menu (the three dots in the upper right corner) 

4. Click 'settings' 

5. Click 'Heart rate zones' 

6. Select 'custom' 

7. I've set it to 192

The dots that are checked are:

In the section 'Based on' : Max HR (Max HR: 192bpm)

In the section 'How to calculate' : Custom (192)

From the start It ignores this setting entirely, both on the app on the phone as on the watch. 

At first it showed my heart rate zones based on a maximum of 186 bpm, but all of a sudden it has lowered it even further down to 177 bpm. 

There doesn't seem to be anything I can do to solve this. Or maybe I'm missing something... 

Both my watch and my phone and the apps on it are up to date as of today. 

Does anybody have any idea what's going on and how to solve it? 

Thanks

7 Replies
Options
I've never had to set a custom rating for it to work.
0 Likes
Options
it is adaptive according to what it registered your heart rate at and over a period of time it calibrates
0 Likes
Options
I see just the regular heart rate and exercise are two different things well I went in and did what you said to do and it doesn't ignore mine I mean I don't know if you're talking about when you're active or if the setting just doesn't set1723629876565.jpg1723629876605.jpg
0 Likes
Crt2
Asteroid
Options

You can click on 'heart rate zones' on the screen in your screenshot.

Within the settings it shows the custom heart rate I have set, but it does not use it. 

At the moment it uses 220-age, which is not accurate. 

0 Likes
Options
that's because I changed it to that and it saved
0 Likes
Crt2
Asteroid
Options

I have changed it as well, also saved it, it shows correctly in the settings, but it ignores it completely and just uses 220-age instead.

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

Hello, Welcome to the Community, and thank you for reaching out. We understand the concern with Samsung Health ignoring the custom max heart rate setting.
For Samsung Health related issues, please submit feedback: go to Samsung health App settings > Contact Us > Error Reports.

You can also contact the Samsung Health team directly by calling 1-855-795-0509.

0 Likes