Options
Samsung Apps and Services
What's The Difference?
26 Replies
GrymeJr
Cosmic Ray
Options
I think google has RCS where u can send high quality messages/videos etc, I wish samsung would just create their own operating system, it can be confusing
0 Likes
Rayzer
Comet
Options
I thought Samsung messages were RCS? But they do send low Q video.
0 Likes
GrymeJr
Cosmic Ray
Options
If it is i cant send a video to another samsung phone without it looking like complete garbage
0 Likes
Solution
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
That's RCS. Samsung version is based on carrier, while Android Messages is based on Jibe. T-Mobile recently interloped with Jibe and waiting for other carriers to interlope with them or switch to Jibe.
neilth
Sun
Options
In addition, Samsung Messenger has a Trash folder, allowing recovery of deleted messages, which Google Messenger doesn't have. All message deletions in Google Messenger are permanent.
0 Likes
Rayzer
Comet
Options
Good question. Does anyone have a link to a definitive answer?
0 Likes
Wolfgang1
Astronaut
Options
RCS and cross platform compatibility are the only functional differences.

These are significant, though. Google Messages is therefore the most recommended.
0 Likes
spectrum19007
Asteroid
Options
I continue to miss the lack of RCS functionality in Samsung's Messages app. There are small but important things that Google's Messages app just doesn't do... mainly allowing just part of a text message to be copied. One of the instances where it is very annoying is when text messages are sent with tracking numbers. In Google Messages the only option is to select the text of the entire message. Switching between apps is just as annoying as having to copy and paste an entire text message to then select only a portion of the message to copy. It is ridiculous!
ButtaBean_420
Black Hole
Options
You must have AT&T or TMobile RCS Messaging has to be enabled by the carriers and unfortunately some like AT&T and TMobile only allow RCS Messaging via Google Messages and not Samsung I have Spectrum/Verizon and I have basic RCS Messaging available in Samsung Messages but unlike Google Messages I can't react to messages