JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Messages will no longer be pre-installed on future Samsung devices.

(Topic created: 07-23-2024 10:51 PM)
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Starting with the release of the Fold 6 series, Samsung Messages will no longer be pre-installed on future Samsung devices. Google Messages will be the only messaging app on phones in the US. Google is pushing this especially with the implementation of RCS compatibility on Iphones come September. RCS will only work from Google Messages to IMessage. Google owns Android, their platform, their rules. 

Samsung Messages will still be available for download in the Galaxy Store, stripped of any real meaningful features.

Not only will Google Messages be the sole messaging app, RSC will be turned on by default. If you wish to have RCS chat features it will ONLY be available in Google's product.

I will bet that when the next update rolls out, all those that still have enhanced features in the Samsung Messages it will be gone. Samsung Messages will now only be SMS/MMS.

This is the future going forward with messaging in the US, you either jump on board with Google Messages or you can stay with Samsung Messages with no enhanced features.

151 Replies
Ziahh
Nebula
Options
Why would they say you can download it if you cant 😕 cause i just looked and theres is nothing there 😒 tell samsung to do better with their lies 🤣🤣🤣🤣
MsVirgo87
Red Giant
Options
Right, Samsung gots to do better
meself
Neutron Star
Options
Thinking out loud here are phones with Samsung messages not the newest being forced over or just the new phones only Google messages
Ziahh
Nebula
Options
I feel like they are starting with the new phones then maybe later in the year they want everyone to switch over to google messges cause they want everyone on the sams messaging apps
MsVirgo87
Red Giant
Options
Samsung better gone somewhere with that bs
Ziahh
Nebula
Options
I like my samsung messages. it's simple google messages seems weird to me
MsVirgo87
Red Giant
Options
Yes exactly I can do more on samsung messages and nothing on Google messages
Ziahh
Nebula
Options
Exactly my point, eh i just switched back to using aamsung messages cause i tried google and i didnt like it at all like the set up was weird lol
IzzyT
Cosmic Ray
Options
I tried too. I like the message reactions and replies but samsung messages is just more organized
Options
Samsung controls Google messages if you have the setting on. Tap on your profile icon in Google Messages > Tap Messages Settings >Tap Advanced >Text on Galaxy devices, and toggle on. Photo 1

Press and hold the Bixby app when you see the pop-up tap Quick Commands to set up YouTube Music. Photo 21721876792762.jpg1721876792802.jpg
0 Likes